• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers.com Rosetta Team - March Event 2011 - Status Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Update Time!

Code:
[SIZE="3"]
[B][COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-18-Feb-11: [COLOR="Lime"]143,265[/COLOR][/COLOR] 
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Contest Start:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]145,378[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Current:[/COLOR]  [COLOR="Lime"]156,301[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Increase:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]13,113 in 9 days[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]RAC Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]3rd[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-18-Feb-11:[COLOR="Lime"] 73,704,817[/COLOR][/COLOR] 
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-Contest Start:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]74,115,400[/COLOR]  
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-Current:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]75,129,842[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points Crunched:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="Lime"]1,425,025[/COLOR] in 9 days[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Points Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Cyan"]18th[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Updated: [COLOR="Lime"]27-Feb-11 @ 16:39[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[/B][/SIZE]

Again team, congratulations on pulling in to 18th place! BOINC@AUSTRALIA and The Knights who say Ni! are in our rearview.

Overtake Stats are as follows:
Code:
[COLOR="Yellow"]Days     Pos.   Team[/COLOR]
60.36    16     XtremeSystems 
161.11   17     Team 2ch     
201.16   13     Free-DC

As you can see, our ultimate goal is ~201 days away at our current rate of speed. Obviously with some more help, we'll get there alot quicker.
Although they are almost 10MIL points ahead of us, the current 16th place team (XtremeSystems) will be the first victim, as thier RAC is almost non existant. This will put us in 17th place.
The current 17th place team (Team 2ch) will be the next victim to fall placing us in the 16th position. Although their RAC is currently only ~17K less than ours, we are only 4MIL points behind them.
The last team to fall, will be the current 13th place team (Free-DC ) which will put us at our goal of 15th Place. Their RAC is only ~19K, but they are sitting ~20MIL points ahead of us.

Keep up the great work team, and remember to pass the word on to anyone you think might be able to help out.
The front page announcement should be up soon, and hopefully an admin will help us our with a forum wide anouncement as well.

You guys are going to make me buy a third computer, I know it.

Psionic: I'm keeping an eye on your new Opty 170. I can't to see what kind of RAC you get with my old dear beloved. It was my first dualie! Shipping it to you brought a tear to my eye. :cry: :D

tell me bout it, my father's old core duo just died and I purchased this puppy for him:
• Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-660 dual-core processor [3.33GHz, 512KB L2 + 4MB shared L3 cache, DMI 2.5GT/s]
• 8GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [4 DIMMs]
• FREE UPGRADE! 750GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive from 500GB

it will be here next week, and you know it will be crunching 24/7 too! I started with 2 rigs but now have a total of 5 (and next week 6) working for rosetta and team OC. Dont know what else to throw at it, except maybe our cat lol :p

I wouldn't advise it. I tried that with both of my tabbies and all they did was glare at me. Worthless cats. Worthless big old sweeties. Awwww, look at 'em. They're licking each others' butts again.

HEHE :rofl:

On the other note this march event is a good reason to get an 1100T cpu :clap:
A little later tonight i'll se how far i can push it just with the multi ( i'm a totally noob when it comes to ocing the proper way )
Anyways it should give a little boost in rac i think

I should look into whether or not its worth keeping 2x 939 systems up and running or just somehow get a new one (cost of running them that is)

@ wayward.. so far that opty has been blowing up the rac.. still consistently rising.. i have it at 2.6 and got that w/o a hitch.. unfortunately my athlon x2 is now running @ stock since its in a gateway.. maybe ill have to find a way to get ntune on there or something, but its running mint now

If anyone has a system they don't want to run due to power issues, you can lend it this way.. I shoulda got a 2nd x58 system instead of buyin all this 939 junk :p

Update For the Day!

Code:
[SIZE="3"]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Current:[/COLOR]  [COLOR="Lime"]158,916[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Increase:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]15,651 in 10 days[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]RAC Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Cyan"]3rd[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-18-Feb-11:[COLOR="Lime"] 73,704,817[/COLOR][/COLOR] 
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-Contest Start:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]74,115,400[/COLOR]  
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-Current:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]75,357,711[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points Crunched:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="Lime"]1,670,894[/COLOR] in 10 days[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Points Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Cyan"]18th[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Updated: [COLOR="Lime"]28-Feb-11 @ 23:17[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[/B][/SIZE]

Draw #1

I'm happy to announce that the winner of the first draw of the March Event is none other than our number one cruncher:
PolRoger!

Check your PM's to claim your $50 Gift Certificate!

Currently there are 21 eligible entrants, and all were entered into the draw.
The results were randomized at Random.org, and the draw is entrant accessible so that you can verify that your name was entered and whether or not you were the winner.

I'd like to take this opportunity to once again thank drshivas, Jmtyra and molnarc for their generous prize donations. :)

The next draw will be made on March 15th!

Last edited:
Congrats Pol!

On an unrelated topic, this celery 420 appears to do about the same work in a day as my 980x does in two hours.

Congrats to you, PolRoger! I hope there are some more B3 1155 boards available for when I get in from the rig in a week. Then I will put that 2600k I bought from you to use trying to catch you. :D

Update Time!

Code:
[SIZE="3"]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Current:[/COLOR]  [COLOR="Lime"]160,614[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Increase:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="Cyan"]17,349[/COLOR] in 12 days[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]RAC Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]3rd[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-Current:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]75,685,541[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points Crunched:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="Cyan"]1,980,724[/COLOR] in 12 days[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Points Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]18th[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Updated: [COLOR="Lime"]2-Mar-11 @ 22:08[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[/B][/SIZE]

We're putting up some good numbers team! Keep it up!

Congrats to you, PolRoger! I hope there are some more B3 1155 boards available for when I get in from the rig in a week. Then I will put that 2600k I bought from you to use trying to catch you. :D

Bring it on!!! Mudd :)........ Yes 2600K's make for easy 4.5/4.6 daily "crunchers".

BTW... just so that it is not too easy for you... I fired up an idled i7 920 and brought it back online today to give my RAC a little nudge. :cool:

Back