• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

:: Overclockers.com SETI Team :: Useful information, FAQ and Instructions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How do I join? I went to the site and clicked "Join Team" but it's saying I need to login. Where do I signup at?

I'm Joined. Anyone wanna post some links or help me optimize my vista pc for this?

Okay, since this thread isnt dead, is there any chance we could spell "Useful" correctly in the thread title? :p Been bugging me for months lol

:welcome: to the team Bryce :D. So many new people joining.. its fantastic ^^

:welcome: to the team guys! Always good to see new names in the posts!

It takes a few days for the first credits to show up and a couple of weeks for any machine to get in "full swing", so relax, crunch, and tweak ...! :)

I'm up and running. Just finished the Optimized client. I don't see the message as per the sticky or the instructions saying this....
BOINC will tell you that it found app_info.xml and is using an "anonymous platform".

The 3 files are definitely in my "C:\Program Files\BOINC\projects\setiathome.berkeley.edu" directory. I snagged the build from this LINK

Perhaps something is wrong but I have 4 tasks running at the moment on this machine varying between 51-52% complete per core.

One more thing, it doesn't show that I have joined the team on the team url but in my profile it lists me as a member.

When you first open BOINC, go into advanced view if you haven't already. Then go to the messages tab you should get

Code:
SETI@home|  Found app_info.xml; using anonymous platform

about five lines from the top.

Back