• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers UK RMA problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

markp1989

Terrible RMA experience from Overclockers UK

I purchased “Asus Z87 SABERTOOTH Intel Z87” from this website on June 2nd, which had some BIOS issues mainly related CSM causing the board to randomly become unbootable.

I arranged RMA on July 25th and the board was received by OCUK on August 2nd.

Email Received on August 2nd:
Dear Mark xxxxx ,
Your RMA RMA243782 has been received at our offices. All RMAs are tested in compliance with manufacturer requirements. This testing process can take around 5 working days. Once this has been completed we will e-mail you again with an update on progress.
If your item has been returned for DSR (Distance selling Regulations) refund please note that all refunds will take up to 5 – 7 working days to be completed.
We also reserve the right to test and inspect high value items returned under DSR (Distance Selling Regulations).

For items over 28 days of purchase please be aware we send these back to the manufacturer for repair / replacement. This process can take up to a maximum of 28 working days.

2nd Email received on August 2nd
Dear mark xxxxxx,
Your refund could not be processed for 243782 because the payment details we hold are invalid. Please contact our Support Department on 0871 200 5053.
Regards,
Overclockers UK - Support
WebNotes:- https://www.overclockers.co.uk/webnote.php
Telephone:- 0871 200 5053
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS AUTOMATED EMAIL

On August 3rd I called the “Support Department” and was told that I had paid by PayPal, they would need a debit card number to put the refund back on, I gave them the card details and was told that the refund would arrive within 5 working days.
Since my initial call on August 3rd I have made contact multiple times by email and telephone.
The 2nd time I called on August 12th I was told that the details I had given on August 2nd wasn’t saved on the system so I would have to give them again and wait 5 more working days for the refund to get processed.

on August 17th I contacted OCUK using the support form and was told that the refund wouldn’t get processed till August 21st as the “Tech Department” is down for a refurb.
Dear Mark xxxxxx,
thank you for your webnote.
I do apologize for the delay, Unfortunately the tech department is down for a refurb, this will be back up and running by wednesday. I will get in contact with my manager to track down the refund for you.
Regards,
Luke Pointon

On September 4th I phoned customer support again, and was told the same story
“you paid by paypal the
payment details for the refund need to be changed and approved by a manager ”

After getting off of the phone on September 4th I made a complaint using the webnote feature on the website:
This RMA started almost 6 weeks ago.
And I still haven't received my refund for it.
I have contacted customer support multiple times about this over the phone and by using the support request form above.
Every time I call up I hear the same issue, as I paid by paypal the payment details for the refund need to be changed and approved my a manager or some kind. But this never seems to happen.
It has been over a month and my primary system has been without a motherboard which in unacceptable I see no reason why a refund should take this long to get sorted out.
If I don't receive my refund by Friday 6th September I will consider contacting one of the trading standards bodies.
I think its safe to say I wont be using my refund to purchase a replacement motherboard from Overclockers.co.uk.
kind regards,
Mark xxxxxx
I received a reply the next day:
Dear Sir,
I am very sorry to hear of this issue with the refund, I can apologise for the amount of time this has taken and i totally understand your frustraition in the matter.
I am currently awaiting the technical director to process all the delayed refunds and he is on holiday until Monday. However I have saved your details and they will be given to the director upon his arrival back of holiday on Monday.
Hopefully he will process this on Monday for you.
Again my apologies for this delay.
Best Regards
Overclockers UK
I sent the following in reply:
Hi,
Do you seriously expect me to believe that there is only one person at the office who can process these refunds so for the entire time they are on holiday you get a backlog of refunds?
There must be someone on site who is able to process the refunds, surely someone must be covering for the "technical director" during their absence?
I am getting sick of hearing excuse after excuse. I have contacted overclockers.co.uk multiple times about this mater, the first email send on August 19th resulted in me being told that the complete tech department is down for refurb and the refund wouldnt get processed till Wednesday 21st. Each and every time I call customer support about this I am told to wait for 5 working days for the refund to be processed and every time these dates come and go. Based on previous experiences I expect that your "Monday" deadline will also pass without any progress.
All this hassle for a £200 refund is hurting no one but yourself, I spend considerably more than that every single year on computer components and accessories, I am sure you can understand why I will be caucious about using Overclockers.co.uk again
If your Monday deadline comes and goes, as I expect it will! I will be contacting Trading Standards and making a court claim to ensure I get my money back.
I am not the only person who has experienced this issue, I know multiple people who have had problems dealing with Overclockers.co.uk for refunds.

Kind Regards,
Mark xxxxxx
I received the following reply on September 9th, which is the day the “Technical Director” would have arrived back from his holiday.
Dear Sir,
We are being completely honest there is one guy who authorises the payments, however he is back in today so I have passed your details onto him and as soon as he gets this he will be looking into this.
Again my deepest apologies for the delay
Regards
Overclockers UK

I send another email in reply to the above on the 10th of September:
Hi,
Thanks for the update, can you please provide me with an ETA for when the
money will land in my account?
Regards,
Mark xxxxx..

I received the following reply on September 11th
Dear Sir,
Not a problem, the technical director has got all the details of the refunds being processed so all being well he will be issung them this week.
Please keep your eye out on your email as you will get a notification once the refund has been issued.
Again, apologies for the delay in this. We do understand your frustraition.
Best Regards
After 5 days has passed from the last communication I phoned customer support again on the 16th September, and was told the same story that the people on the phones are powerless and that all they can do is take my details and pass them up the chain, which doesn’t seem to get anything done. I asked if I could be passed on to someone one the phone higher up but was told by the person on the phone that they wouldn't be comfortable doing that as it could jeopardize their job.

I’m not too sure what posting on this forum is meant to achieve, I’m just hoping that someone who can do something about it will see it. if you look through the communication from above you can see that it has been close to 8 weeks since Overclockers UK received the motherboard and every time I communicate with OCUK I am pretty much told to wait 5 more days and I am sick of waiting. I have had to make close to a dozen calls about this refund which all cost me money.

Based on distance selling regulations the retailer is obliged to issue a full refund within 30 days of receiving the return, so far its been 52 days. so we are already 75% passed the deadline.

since my purchase I have spoken to multiple people who have either experienced similar problems when returning items to OCUK or know someone who has.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with this seller?

I haven't seen a rep from there post here, so this is essentially a rant... and that sucks.

Have you considered putting these events in a timeline and emailing them asking for escalation since through the phone it isn't working?

Oh, I was hopping they would have a rep on here that I just hadn't seen :(

I originally wrote the post out to post it on their own public forum, still waiting for my account to be enabled. Hoping that it being viable may speed things up a little bit.

I tried emailing them to and its starting to feel like i'm smashing my head on a brick wall.

I Think this is my first post on the forum in over a year, I still read here a lot.

You have posted a few times over the past year...

But yeah, I would email them with the timeline of events, requesting escalation of the issue due to the time and level of effort used and request a specific date of when you should expect your money back. 8 weeks is a LONG time.

Hi there.

My name is Steven, I am a member of staff at Overclockers UK.
Is all you needing just a refund? I apologise that it has taken this long. Looking into it all now.

Much appreciated hokiealumnus.

markp1989 - It seems like there is an issue within the system. It is down to PayPal refunds, there is some issue where it is not allowing us to refund!

We are looking into it now, as it seems you are not the only customer who is affected and we are disappointed that this was not resolved at the start.

Will get back to you here with an update as soon as it is sorted for you. :)

It has been passed to the highest technical manager here, so hopefully it will be sorted ASAP. I cannot guarantee today, but it is going to be sorted. Sounds like something we have to sort with PayPal directly.

But safe to say, it will be sorted for you.

markp1989 is all sorted? I know the issue is now cleared up and we can refund to alternative methods, so instead of PayPal, we can refund to your card.

If you still are not sure about the refund, please do not hesitate to call us with your RMA number and card details and we will ensure this is refunded back to you!

Hi,

I haven't heard any information after the post above, has the "highest technical manager" given you any update on their progress?

I have called multiple times due to the paypal "issue" to provide my card details to get this refund sorted and I am getting pretty sick of it. Every time I have contacted I get told the payment will take a week before the payment is processed and completed but this doesnt seem to progress as expected.

I do apologise, I have sorted this for you. You will receive an email confirmation too.

I am also arranging for a load of games and goodies to be sent to you, and will put £20 in your shop account.

This is something that will not be happening again, as we have fixed the original problem, so the refunds will be dealt with straight away.

Thanks, I just received an email from OCUK saying that the refund has been processed, I will keep an eye on my bank account and let you know when the payment has arrived.

I look forward to receiving the goodies + voucher, I am quite pleased to finally have this sorted, Thank you! :)

No worries at all! - I found out the issue was resolved today, but I wasn't sure if the refund was processed already, so wanted to check with you.

And no worries about the goodies, the issue had been going on long enough! The £20 credit will appear in your shop account in the next 10 minutes, so feel free to spend it on something, or use it towards a larger purchase. Enjoy. :)

This is a positive ending (so far) for an internet outburst/rant, one that could even make me consider trying out OC UK.

Wish I could forsee a similar end to my current RMA, but the crystal ball seems to be showing money burning, user getting screwed and company suits laughing.

Do it, we ship to Denmark, if that is where you are. And our service is brilliant, apart from this hiccup we have had, but at least it is cleared up and wont be happening again! :)

Do it, we ship to Denmark, if that is where you are. And our service is brilliant, apart from this hiccup we have had, but at least it is cleared up and wont be happening again! :)

I do live in Denmark, and i currently do do a lot of shopping on UK sites. So it will be on my list of sites to look at next time I plan on shopping. :thup:

I do live in Denmark, and i currently do do a lot of shopping on UK sites. So it will be on my list of sites to look at next time I plan on shopping. :thup:

Great stuff, you know where I am if you need any help. :)

I personally can't fault the service from OCUK, although I have not had to RMA any items yet, glad it got sorted for you though and good to see a UK vendor on here :thup:

Pierre3400 - Didn't get the last PM. Only seem to be able to hold 5 messages, I have deleted some now so if you need to PM me, please do. :)

keny - Thank you, glad to hear you have had great experiences with us. :)

Back