• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking 1.6a - P4B533-E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fitch21

I want to OC my 1.6a and I want to know what the ideal settings are to get the best performance.

P4 1.6a
Asus P4B533-E
Corsair XMS PC3200

Can someone help me out???

Thanks,
Enrique

micamica1217

try the #6 dip switch trick to get the 4/5 memory boost.

ofcorse OC the cpu as high as she will go...just don't go over 1.75v core voltage.

mica

hc1001

its the 3/4 dipstick trick and works only if u go above 132fsb.... first OC ur cpu and use 1:1 mem to find ur limit. raise vcore to stablize. then after u find ur limit, use the 3/4 trick and keep it on 1:1 because that will give u the 3/4 over 132fsb. use some stress progs to see how stable ur comp is. i perfer prime 95. it testes memory and CPU. for memory testing use memtest.

OP
F

fitch21

Well I am still having a ton of issues. Currently I have a serious performance issue. It seems like the more I move my CPU voltage the worse it gets. Also the DIPSWITCH trick is there a post on that??? I think I did it right but I am not sure.

Thanks,
Enrique

hc1001

ok just flip the 6 switch to on. the other ones should be off. once u do that, auto = 1:1, 1:1 = 3/4, and 4:3 = ??? u can confirm this using wcpuid. clik on that arrow to bring out the date/time and memory frequency pullout. it should state ur memory, so all u do is double that amount and thats teh ddr u are running. make sure ur memory can handle this speed.

OP
F

fitch21

hc1001

I have my FSB set to 150 but everytime I start to crank my core volatage my performance goes to ****. I also checked what my memory is running at it says 200 Mhz. So do you have any suggestions when it comes to getting the FSB and voltage set correctly to get the best performance.

Thanks,
Enrique

Last edited: