• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking 3570k HELP NEEDED

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SoulRevenant

Registered
Hey guys im back When i first setup my pc i came here looking for advice to oc it. im back to get help oc it since everyting is upgraded :3
So the originall post was at http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/715422-3570k-ivy-bridge
Now ill give you my specs and i need help ocing this beast to the highest stable oc but not surpassing 80c. I will need detailed help tho :/
Case: Nzxt H400
Motherboard: Gigabyte ga-z77-udth5 (gigabyte uefi on f12 bios bversion) Rev 1
Cpu: 3570k
Cpu Cooler: H110 v2 at 4.2 sits at 30 idle (new)
Gpu: Msi gtx 1060 6gb oc to 2100 mhz (new)
Psu: Vampire Raidmax 700w (new So silent)
Ssd: Kingston 120 gb (for OS and cs:go)
Monitor: Benq xl 144hz
Hd: 5400 Rpm 500gb Wd 3.5 inch (from laptop)
Fans Stock with cooler case and bought 2 pressure af140 corsairs
ram ddr3 1866 corsair vengenace (removed heat spreaders Due to clearance for a air cooler in 2012)
Any help will help but i use my pc for gaming when i do use it but i would like it to be able to power into sleep mode aswell...
If i can just get help with a list of stuff on my bios that needs to be set like llc (turbo)

EDIT: When i try oc myself it wont go past 4.1 ghz im sure i have a setting messed up but idk.

Rainwater

All you really need to do is up the multiplier and vcore. These newer systems are easier to overclock in my opinion, on my 2600k I had to up system agent voltage a tad and cpu pll but save those for the end. If you are having trouble exceeding 4.1 maybe try raising those two I suggested. Start at 1.4v and 45 on your multiplier. You should be able to get the vcore lower but I had trouble with my 2600k, I had to have it at 1.425v for 4.5 Ghz. Use llc if you need to. Get cpu-z or hw monitor. They are both from the same devs. I use hw monitor while I'm stress testing because it monitors everything. Temps, load, voltage you name it. Watch the vcore and see if it drops under load, raises or stays the same. Chances are it will drop by default. Adjust llc so that it raises slightly under load. Anywhere from .02-.05v increase at load so that it idles a little lower instead of getting an amount of voltage it really doesn't need while it's not under load. I don't recommend having a voltage fluctuation any higher than .05v and one of the reasons is a lot of the time anything lower than .05v under where it's at under load isn't even enough for it to boot up. I idle at .032v lower than I require for stability under load. Start with that see where you get with it. I would think you wouldn't need any more than 1.4v for 4.5 Ghz but if it does add more without exceeding 1.45v Those 22nm chips I believe are still perfectly safe at 1.45 but like I said it really should not take that much.

OP
SoulRevenant

SoulRevenant

Registered
well when i change just the multipler and vcore i can set it higher then 41 but it doesnt go any higher i have a turbo setting or something wrong i think 4100mhz is the fastest it goes even if multipler is higher .-. i dont know why no drops or anything at this setting but i want to oc it more

Saul Goodman

When i try oc myself it wont go past 4.1 ghz im sure i have a setting messed up but idk.

Should be really easy to get to 4.3-4.5ghz, whilst keeping all power savings etc on. If not then there could be some other kind of problem (ie memory stability or temps.)

+vcore
+multiplier
+LLC up to maybe high/turbo
+turbo current limit (maybe not necessary but I add a bit)

I'd keep memory at 1600mhz which is stock for ivy bridge until I've made the CPU OC stable.

What sort of errors or crashing do you experience?

My corsair vengeance ram and Gigabyte Z77 doesn't play nice and needs to have 1.55V set in bios for it work at 1600mhz.

Rainwater

ya your turbo cant be lower than your multiplier also make sure all the cores are set to the same as well

Rainwater

well if you have a phone take a picture of your bios screen and post it because this isnt giving anything to help take a picture of the bios screens and everything you r changing in bios see if there is a bios update for your mobo as well

Rainwater

try disabling turbo altogether and just set the multiplier to whatever you want. thats what i did with my gigabyte and 2600k i disabled turbo and just used multiplier i dont see from looking at it why you would have issues looks very similar to z68 gigagbyte bios\
and make sure your base clock is 100 and that its not clocking down lowering your clock speed

OP
SoulRevenant

SoulRevenant

Registered
i turned off turbo set to 42 multi vcor up to 1.15 and turned on rapid start and its still showing my clock sitting at 4103.4 mhz bus 100.01
This thing is driving me crazy i have been trying to get it over 4100 for months now reading different forum post. i'm plum dumb .-.
I set turbo on and to 45 in all my setting cpuz shows 41 and task manager showing 49ghz while stressing idk anymore

Last edited:

Rainwater

Well for one 1.15v will never be enough for 4.5 ghz try 1.35v and download hw monitor or cpu-z dont bother with task manager try to UPDATE BIOS ya that is very very weird idk why either

OP
SoulRevenant

SoulRevenant

Registered
so i set vcore up to 1.25 (heard never exceed 1.3 on ivy) and multi 45 and its running doing stability test with aida64 but so farm temps under load dip into mid 70s
if this is stable ill try upping to 46 on this vcore if it wont go ill try lowering the vcore a little to bring temps lower

OP
SoulRevenant

SoulRevenant

Registered
upped to 1.275 and 47x and its running max temp atm is right at low 80's but thats a peak it sits at 70 under max just occasionally spikes for a sec. I hope Its in a safe range i'm let it stress for a good hour and post a screeny for input
I wanted to delid my cpu but i dont want to risk breaking it so i'm just get me some name brand paste on payday mx4 i guess what do you all reccomend?

Rainwater

Dude if anybody ever told you that then it is because of the potential heat Ivy Bridge is notorious for running extremely hot 1.45v is the max safe voltage I would recommend no higher than 1.4v for 24/7 use but as long as temps are ok you are very much able to take it to 1.4v to be totally stable it's probably going to need around 1.3-1.325v for 4.5 Ghz seriously stress testing as long as you stay under 80c you are fine you will never see temps like that gaming but stress testing it is expected I have 4.5 Ghz at 1.3v under load I run it at 1.328v with a max of 74c in Aida 64 my Sandy Bridge I ran at 1.425v for 4.5 Ghz for over 2 years.

- - - Updated - - -

I would suggest at least 4 hours with Aida 64 2 at the very minimum if you get that thing stable at 4.7 with under 1.3v that chip is golden.

OP
SoulRevenant

SoulRevenant

Registered
Alright thanks for the info man, the 4 hour wait starts. if it stays stable at these settings, i would be a pretty happy guy.

Saul Goodman

Your temps are fine for ivy bridge I wouldn't even bother using different paste. And rainwater is right about voltage, honestly you could safely run 1.45 if you can cool it but as he says 1.4 is probably the wise limit to stay at/under. Intel actually states up to 1.5V on these processors iirc.

I also switch PWM phase control to high performance and vcore voltage response to fast but not even sure if it's necessary at low clocks.