• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking 9600 pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jibby

i have a 9600 pro and i know its not the greatest overclocker but it was free. where can i get the right ramsinks (my homemade ones really blew) and what should i do about cooling the proc.

Yuriman

Actualy, the 9600pro IS the greatest overclocker. its not the fastest, but it oc's like mad. Ramsinks arent necessary. My friend has 0 case airflow, and only gained about 10mhz with them. With any airflow at all they should make no dif.

For the core, it makes probably hte least heat of any modern card. My friends survived a whole day with nothing on it. If yo want to keep the modding to a minimal, look for something copper. If you feel like modding, get a 1u copper cpu sink.

KILLorBE

As for the RAM sinks it usually doesn't matter that much, they don't get real hot, and even if you stick some high-end RAM sinks on them you'll probably only gain 5-10MHz orso vs NO RAM sinks.

OCZ makes some that are similar to the ones made by Revoltec, but some people seem to be happy with Tweakmonster RAM sinks.

As for the GPU, personally I've never seen a good aftermarket HSF that I would pay for...well my V-card already has a copper HS, so why should I pay for a HSF that is similar?

**EDIT** I agree with Yuriman, get a copper 1U HS and mod it to fit your card.

OP
J

Jibby

should i buy a 9800np or keep my 9600 pro and overclock it ?