• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a Creative riva tnt2 ultra??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathScyth_Hell

Hey everybody...
I have a Creative riva tnt2 ultra....i was wondering how would i overclock a video card??....I got a program called fast card and theres an option that can help me overclock...theres a memory and a core, which one do i change??...
the memory says 110 and my core says 90...but my creative display properties, the memory clock speed is 180...which is different then the fast card....whats the difference??

[img="c:\pics\fastcard.bmp"]

in my display properties i can also change the memory clock speed ...which one do i change the fast card program one or the one in my creative display properties...???...plz help...thx in advance...

There really is no way to tell how high a chip can go as they are all different, you just have to experiment with it. Push the core up by 1Mhz increments, then run 3DMark2k1 looping for about 20mins, and keep going till you see image distortion or what not, then back it down 1MHz and that is how high ittl go! ANd so the same with the memory clock also.

:)

DeathScyth_Hell (Jul 20, 2001 05:35 p.m.):
Hey everybody...
I have a Creative riva tnt2 ultra....i was wondering how would i overclock a video card??....I got a program called fast card and theres an option that can help me overclock...theres a memory and a core, which one do i change??...
the memory says 110 and my core says 90...but my creative display properties, the memory clock speed is 180...which is different then the fast card....whats the difference??

[img="c:\pics\fastcard.bmp"]
Hello
Try a program called TNTCLK. It's an old porgram I used with my TNT2 Pro. In addition to allowing overclocking, you can change many advanced features with it, like CAS settings, wait states, precharge settings, etc. If you can't find it, email me, and I'll send it to you. It's the best o/c program I found for the TNT2 cards

in my display properties i can also change the memory clock speed ...which one do i change the fast card program one or the one in my creative display properties...???...plz help...thx in advance...

Back