• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a Leadtek Ti4400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Felix

Registered
My goal is to get a decent fps in UT2K3, at highest settings :p I'm pretty close, I'm getting 30-40 fps now. It occasionally goes below 30 though. Its playable, but could definately be better.

Does anyone have any experiences with overclocking a Leadtek ti4400, using the stock heatsink? How much might I get, and how easy is it to fry the card?

Kato

Addicted Tweaker
Leaktek is one of the top OCer's card, so you shouldn't have any problem OCing it, just increase the GPU/MEM slowly, like +5/+5 at a time, and then test it. You can't fry a card that easily by just OCing it, a good indication on reaching your card's limit is Artifacts. If you see some, even a little, your card is telling you he's been pushed too far, and you know its time to bring the GPU/MEM back down a little.

As for the LeadTek's HSF, its a piece of junk IMO. If you take off the HSF for a look, you will discover that 50% of the time, the HSF itself isn't touching your ram at all, just the white thermal paste. But it should still manage to give you some mild OCing...