• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a mouse?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, there is a setting in XP that I know of that will let you increase (or decrease :eek: ) the resolution of your mouse.

Go into your device mangager, find your mouse and go into it's properties. Then in the Advanced Settings tab, there should be a sample rate option. I think it will go all the way to 500 reports / second.

For some reason, the computer I'm using now doesn't have that option.... Mabey that screen dosen't appear for USB mice? Or perhaps for optical mice... See if you have it.

JigPu

if you haev a usb mouse, its already using the highest setting available, is you have a ps2 mouse then you can change it to decrease / increase it

Batman@ said:
if you haev a usb mouse, its already using the highest setting available, is you have a ps2 mouse then you can change it to decrease / increase it

PS2 mice are capable of overclocking to 215hz of refresh, where-as USB mice are limited to 125hz.

If you want to overclock a PS/2 mouse, search around for a program called PS2rate. But not all mice can handle being overclocked.

Ugmore Baggage said:
You might need watercooling

Vapochill meeses heh

What kind of a response is that? Overclocking a mice only requires software interaction and essentially has nothing to do with hardware. It simply changes how many times per-second the mouse is allowed to send information.

Captain Slug said:

It wasn't funny enough to be called a joke.
now that was funny :)

i never overclocked a mouse before, i always had cheap mice so i don't think it would have helped. now i have a logitec wireless optical mouse and i don't feel the need to overclock it. it is the only thing i haven't overclocked though.............

*searches for PS2rate on google*

I thought USB mice have a faster refresh rate than PS2? Thats that I have always heard...or is that just at the default non-"overclocked" speed

Captain Slug said:

What kind of a response is that? Overclocking a mice only requires software interaction and essentially has nothing to do with hardware. It simply changes how many times per-second the mouse is allowed to send information.

The ones that can't support high refresh rates need "more power ar ar"

I have a Super Nintendo controller running on a special ethel/NO2 mix. Weighs 40lbs but accurate to half a pixel!

Jkasmann said:
I thought USB mice have a faster refresh rate than PS2? Thats that I have always heard...or is that just at the default non-"overclocked" speed

PS/2 mice can be controlled with software (PS2rate is the best program available for that). USB mice won't go past 125hz unless the drivers are made to work at a faster speed.

I added LEDs to my already "overclocked" PS/2 mouse and the extra current they pulled increase the response time to 220hz. As you can imagine, it's very accurate.

If you overclock your mouse *do*not* use Arctic Silver or other thermal grease! You'll kill your mouse!

Be sure to go with Cheeze Whiz or other spreadable cheese food product. A thin layer is all you need - and also much better for you.

...Z

Ugmore Baggage said:

The ones that can't support high refresh rates need "more power ar ar"

I have a Super Nintendo controller running on a special ethel/NO2 mix. Weighs 40lbs but accurate to half a pixel!

LOL!

Back