• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a Pentium Dual-Core E6700 (3,20 GHz)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Milkalele

Hello guys !

I'm new here so I hope I created this thread in the right section ! I did some research on overcloking but I'm afraid I can't manage to overclock my CPU properly so that's why I'm here :)

Here are all my PC specs :
- Motherboard : FOXCONN: 2A8C
- CPU : Pentium Dual-Core E6700 (3,20 GHz)
- GPU : AMD Radeon HD 6450
- 4 GB (2x 2GB I believe)
- running windows 10

My CPU doesn't get a temperature higher than 40-43 degres when working at 100% so I wanted to overclock it a bit so I can get a better gaming experience (more fps actually). I've read tons of overclocking guides but I can't manage to access the commands that should appear in the BIOS which are :

- Select "Quantum BIOS" from the menu using the arrow pad and then press "Enter."
- Highlight "System Turbo" and then press "+" or "-," or "PgUp" or "PgDn," to change the value to "Enabled."
- Scroll to "CPU Bclock (FSB)" and then press "+" or "PgUp" to increase the value.
- Scroll to "CPU Core Multiplier." Press "+" or "PgUp" to increase the value.

That is what I get when I enter the BIOS :
As you must see the CPU section is in grey and I can't access it at all. I'm running out of ideas so can you guys help me figuring out how to overclock this CPU ? :)

Cheers and have a nice day !

Most likely that motherboard comes from a "prebuilt" system and just won't have the options you need to overclock. There are some alternatives like SetFSB software which MIGHT work and also a pad modification for the CPU to change the FSB permanently.

Most likely that motherboard comes from a "prebuilt" system and just won't have the options you need to overclock. There are some alternatives like SetFSB software which MIGHT work and also a pad modification for the CPU to change the FSB permanently.

I've been told that SetFSB isn't a software for beginners but I'm afraid that I am a beginner ^^" Would you have any tips to learn how to master this software ?

Cheers :)

Back