• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a PIII 800e

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dthree36

Ok, I have a dual processor system that I would like to push the limits on. The max bus speed is 112mhz and it will push the processors to 950. The mother board is a asus p2b-2 with a gig of ram, 30 gig WD drive, 80 gig Maxtor, Diamond 770 ultra agp video.

My attempts at setting the bus speed to 103 are successful but only get 25mhz increase. at 112 the system becomes unstable and crashes 70% of the time. any info or help would be appreciate.

Thanks

D

Yodums

dthree36 said:
Ok, I have a dual processor system that I would like to push the limits on. The max bus speed is 112mhz and it will push the processors to 950. The mother board is a asus p2b-2 with a gig of ram, 30 gig WD drive, 80 gig Maxtor, Diamond 770 ultra agp video.

My attempts at setting the bus speed to 103 are successful but only get 25mhz increase. at 112 the system becomes unstable and crashes 70% of the time. any info or help would be appreciate.

Thanks

D

You would probably have to adjust the voltage going to the chip as its a dualie. Your motherboard must have some kind of voltage adjustment, if not your going to have to wire it! :D

OP
D

dthree36

Thanks for the tips..... I will try the suggestions and see if I can't pinpoint the problem.

Thanks

D

Ebola

Senior Toilet Scrubber
how good is your ram. I have a gig on my vp6 and my p3 1000eb's are doing 148 fsb just fine. i havent tried any higher yet.

-what are you using for cooling
-what fsb settings are available on the board
-what are the step codes for your 800e's