• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a Q9650

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The guide tells you voltage limits... for vcore, keep it under 1.4v.

What are your load temperatures?

+1

Don't go beyond 1.4v for CPU vCore, with air cooling.

You might be limited to even lower vCore with your heatsink though, as it looks like a very low-end heatsink that probably can't handle very much heat. It's a two heat-pipe 92mm unit with a single fin stack, for those that haven't seen it.

Hello again
First of all i wanna thank you guys for helps
and i am wondering what is the stuck vcore for Q9650
I found my cpu stable so far at 1.33150 Vcore with 3.46ghz core clock
NB 1.15v ( I had 1.10(standard) 1.15 1.20 1.25 options )
VTT 1.20v ( i had 1.20 and 1.30 options )
SB 1.50 ( i had 1.50 and 1.60 options )

View attachment 171594
Northbridge: 1.20v is probably safe. 1.25v might be safe, but I can't be certain as I haven't overclocked on that particular motherboard before.
VTT: this voltage is sometimes also referred to as the Front Side Bus voltage, and does have an effect on stability of higher overclocks. 1.30v should be safe, if an increase is needed.
No need to change the Southbridge voltage, as it usually isn't affected much during overclocking.

Personally, I'm mainly concerned with keeping your MOSFETS/Voltage Regulation Modules cool, as your motherboard doesn't come with heatsinks for them. This will likely be the greatest factor in limiting your overclocking abilities with that motherboard.

hi again
i am trying higher voltages now it should be still safe ? cuz intel site says safe voltages are from 0.8v to 1.36v
i am at 1.356vcore with 400x9

That's just the listing of the stock voltages for the chip, not really the "safe" limits for the voltage.

Last edited:
thank you for your suggestions i am on 3.45ghz with 1.33125vcore and 1.272vcore cpu-z on load i am trying get it higher thou i reached one hour stable point with 400x9 1.362 but i guess it need some + vcore but i dont think its safe

Back