• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Advice (leadtek)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Knomad

Hey.

I just bought a new Leadtek A250 LE MYvivo Ti-4200. I did some overclocks with WinFox II and tested with 3DMark 2001.

So far the card has taken everything I thrown its way without so much a a glitch. It seems to be happy at 330/650 , maybe even higher I havent pushed any further.

So what does this mean? Should I leave the card overclocked at this if it is running well, or should I only clock it up when I want the power?

Its a considerable performance boost with the OC on, so I would like to use it. I am just unsure of how much the card will take?

It has a BIG Heatsink and fan wrapped around the card, which looks like the ideal thing for cooling. I dont know how good its actually is though?

Does anyone know anything about the Leadtec Ti-4200 128MB card and how good its heatsink/fan actually are?

Also what sort of 'habit'should I have with OC? Should I find a point set it and leave it alone, or should I just change it up and down when I need the extra power?

Thanks, I just dont want to do something that will really kill the card. :)

ntpphong

as far as i have experienced, my 250TD ultra is a very bad overclocker....i can go up like 305/660 with rivatuner.
maybe it's my mobo, i'm waiting for my xp to arrive to test if it'll be better on the asus a7v333.
If not, then i prolly exchange this card