• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking AMD Athlon XP 200+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

travioli

Registered
I used to have an XP 2000+ pally on a Soyo KT400 Dragon Plat Ed. I can't remember exactly how far I got with it though.

travioli

Registered
I just checked my 3dmark scores and I got it usually around 1800 Mhz but a few times was able to get into the 2 Ghz range, but i think that was because I had just gotten my Corsair XMS memory.

Avg

why do you want to know, anything specific like overclockability?

OP
D

Divertas

I have a spare proc and would like to experiment with the Ath XP 2000+. Is it locked? If so how do you unlock it? I have an ASUS A7N8X board, how do I proceed to overclock. This will be my first time.

Thanks in advance for your help

OP
D

Divertas

Overclocking Ath Xp 2000+

Is this proc locked? If so how do you unlock it? I have an ASUS A7N8X mobo how do I proceed to overclock? This will be my first time!

Thanks in advance for your help

Avg

We'll need the stepping to tell if it is locked and if can be unlocked.

Col_Loki

If youve bought it lately then yea its locked and there isint anyway to unlock these chips.

You will have to overclock using FSB. Have a look at the overclocking guides, depending on your cooling you should stick to a Vcore limit. Ie generally people say under 1.8v with med air cooling, good air 1.85-1.9v , water cooling 2v.......... thats generally MAX btw but different people ahve different limits.

Seabee

Divertas, look on your CPU for the stepping code(this will require you to take off the HS and remove the CPU), there should be 3 sets of numbers and letters. Example:AXDA2400DKV3C Z330784270389 AIXIB0337SPMW. To determine if your CPU is locked or unlocked look at the second set of the stepping code at the 6th thru 9th number. My example is 0337, if those number read 0339 or BELOW you have a unlocked CPU. If they read 0340 or ABOVE, you have a locked CPU.

There are a FEW locked CPU's that can be unlocked, but most are now SUPERLOCKED and can never be unlocked. You will have to do some research on your stepping code(if it is locked) to determine if your can be unlocked, but dont count on it.

Oh, BTW..WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!!!

mxFX

Im interested in this as well as I'm buying an unlocked XP2000 (palomino) from a friend for $25 to replace my XP1500. I've only got PC2700 Crucial ram, but I would like to know how far a usual overclock can go. If I could match a 2500 I'd be very happy.

Avg

That palomino most likely will not match the 2500+ speed I had a 1800+ and the most I got stable was 2000+ speeds unstable at 1.9v, so don't expect to get much if anything at all out of that pali.