• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking C2X6800 Help..?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Have any of the three of you had any expierence using Windows Key, or a similar program on a striped raid?

Alright, have everything set, raid installed for an OS, I was wondering two things, the CPU is clocked at 4.0ghz in the bios but seen as only 2.93 in windows. my questions are how do I fix that and what is a good burnin test before I finish overclocking.

Your killing me guys! where is everyone!

Got the PC up and running like I said, runs well, but randomly without warning whenever Im gaming in a fullscreen mode everything locks solid. I ran bluescreen view, its getting a 0x00000124 bsod. I ran a memtest, it completes a pass then locks up. I have disabled my CE1, I have disabled sound, updated all drivers, added in manual ram speeds 5 5 5 15, enabled memory mapping, the whole nine yards? do I need more voltage on my vcore? or on my ram? Im at a loss and nearly willing to pay whoever provides me with the solution.

Never heard of Windows Key.

What does CPU-Z say your CPU speed is? Just ignore Windows as it uses a calculation method that will never be accurate if you don't use the stock multi.

No way to know where the problem is unless you isolate the systems. But I'm leaning towards the RAM. Lower your multi and see if the problem persists. What voltage is your RAM set to?

I checked the CPU with the PC, with real temp, as well as another program, pc something 2010, dont recall, not infront of it. all that and the bios, and windows claimed the cpu was running 4.00. I just tested every ram simm I had in the system in a known good system, each passed 5 passes no problems. my ram voltage was set to auto. I defaulted all my bios setting and re-enabled my raid and the memory remapping and it was still happening.

In my experience it's best to set the RAM voltage manually. Run CPU-Z and post up a screenshot of the Memory and SPD tabs.

Will do. If it helps any the PC runs fine unless Im rendering, IE Crysis, WoW, ect. Sometimes it will run for 3 minutes, sometimes three hours, but when it goes it locks solid and does -nothing- i cought someone talking about the audio drivers for realtek not working with the geforce 8800 gtx sli. I will post that screenshot here in about an hour or so when I get home.

Also, when I put these ram simms into the other PC and ran memtest, it seen the sticks as 5 5 5 18, will that make a difference if I have it at 5 5 5 15

Once we see the SPD tab we'll know what the RAM is spec'd at. It will most likely be able to run at least a little faster than spec. But, it's always a good idea to run a little slower/looser than spec for now so we can isolate the cause of the problem.

Back