• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Caused Error ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Docta_Z

Hey guys.

I'm trying to do a little more overclocking on the system I have listed in my specs. I'm using the D23 sub-zer0 also listed in my sig.

The problem lays in when I try to push past 217x12 (with the cpu multi - not the fsb... I have a bit of a ram bottleneck I have to work out on the fsb side of things) and try to push 217x12.5 and perhaps don't give it enough voltage, I get an error when I boot.

I get to the screen where windows should be loading and I get an error telling me part of the windows/system32 is corrupt and I have to repair it... so I whip out my XP Cd and do a chkdsk /r and it works for 40 mins and repairs it and I try again...

It's done this 3 times now and is really starting to annoy me.

My biggest theory involves the fact that my windows installation is made on my SATA drive ( my raptor ) and that I'm loading it as one of the first things in bios....

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions..? Really starting to annoy me.

Well, usually when your overclock is unstable, you will memory errors. When you turn your computer off, windows will save what ever is in the memory to disk, even if there an error. Also, even opening programs when the overclock is unstable can affect your computer. This will corrupt files that you have, windows, programs, games, etc. So, reduce your overclock or up your voltage so that it is stable again. And prime that sucker till it screams and then prime it again just for the fun of it ;)

hmmm this I do know, but it seems to frequent a heck of a lot more often now that i have a SATA drive rather then plain old IDE.
I can do 12x217 stable as a rock.
I suppose I will plop my voltage up to 1.95 and see if I can get 217x12.5 going properly...

enduro said:
And prime that sucker till it screams and then prime it again just for the fun of it ;)

I primed it for 19 hours yesterday at 217x12.

Mmmmmm Priiiiiime... :clap:

Yeah that was another thing I was thinking about.

I sort of choose the D23 because it was suppose to be ultra stable for SATA.

I'm sort of thinking on moving up the ladder a notch to D24... but I'd like to get a 2nd bios chip before I play around with that too much. I actually asked in the abit forum where I could find a 2nd chip for this board, perhaps in Canada... or from somewhere that ships to Canada. You don't have any ideas do you? :)

Back