• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking duron 1200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrhashish

Registered
Can somone give me some advice on how to overclock my duron 1200?,

I can reach 1380mhz, but i can't seem to get it to go any higher than that without it becoming unstable, is there some way to use jumper settings on my a7a 266-e motherboard to get a higher o/c?

mrhashish said:
Can somone give me some advice on how to overclock my duron 1200?,

I can reach 1380mhz, but i can't seem to get it to go any higher than that without it becoming unstable, is there some way to use jumper settings on my a7a 266-e motherboard to get a higher o/c?

What are your settings for 1380MHz? 115*12?
You should be able to alter the multiplier. Look in the BIOS for such a feature, or check your motherboard manual for more info on the boards jumper settings.
Is the chip unlocked?

mrhashish said:
the cpu is unlocked and running at 12*14

Is that 12*104? 102*14?

EDIT: oops, I posted just after you *slaps forehead*

12*114? Try increasing the multiplier to 12.5 for 1425MHz or 13 for 1482MHz.

112Mhz * 13 is 1456MHz - nice OC.

Do you have the option to change the mulitplier in the BIOS?
Does the board have jumpers to allow multiplier changes?

yes i have the option in the bios, but im not sure exactly what i should change it too

mrhashish said:
yes i have the option in the bios, but im not sure exactly what i should change it too

It will be at default or 12 just now. Increase it in 0.5 increments. Try 12.5 first, if that seems stable try 13. If that works try 13.5.

By stable, I mean run something like a game for at least 15mins to check stability. If it isn't too stable increase voltage in .05 increments, to a maximum of 1.85V.

Personally, I'd shoot for 10.5 x 133. 133 should be a happy fsb for everything else and Durons generally like it pretty well too. If that works, start bumping the fsb up towards 140. Then you might try 11 x 133.

nihili

voltage is at maximum of 1.85 already, i will try increasing multiplier, and running bots on q3 to see about stability

hmm my duron kinda complained about 10.5 * 133, though i am trying it again to see if it works, should i lower the vcore to 1.8. or keep it at 1.85?

mrhashish said:
hmm my duron kinda complained about 10.5 * 133, though i am trying it again to see if it works, should i lower the vcore to 1.8. or keep it at 1.85?

Keep it high - more voltage will help. Try 10x133 if 10.5 is causing trouble. If that doesn't work then it looks like your CPU doesn't like a 133 FSB.

hehe, nope i don't think it does, so far its running on 126 fsb
fine, at 10.5, perhaps i will try 11, then 11.5 on that fsb
thanks

With all this talk of simply switching the multiplier you guys dont realize how lucky you are. There's no such thing in Intel land except with the occasional E.S. or the very old chips

If the Tualatin cele could only be multiplier unlocked we would smoke them right off the board

Of what I've heared in the past couple of weeks is that 1450 MHz is pretty much the absolute limit for the morgan core, the last morgan duron will be 1400... after that they will switch to apalusa (SP?)... U have a pretty good O/C there... the higher tha FSB the better are the performance.. the only way to get more Vcore is to do a volt mod or buy a new mobo that will support more than 1.85Vcore.. So on this board I think ur pretty much at the chips limit..

BTW: What are your temps on full load?

Looks like you've hit the limit there, it is a nice overclock however.

The next Duron will be an Apaloosa.

Back