• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking EVGA Titan X Hydro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MatuX

Hey guys!

EVGA Titan X Hydro Cooper: http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=12G-P4-2999-KR

I managed to get to:
GPU Clock: 1242 MHz (+90 MHz)
Memory: 1978 MHz (+450 MHz)
Boost: 1331 MHz
Cranked voltage to +112mV, Kboost on, power to 110%

The GPU clock peaks at 1470 MHz, voltage 1.243v and temperature 58c.
GPU-Z's PerfCap Reason states VRel, VOp and at times Pwr.

I've held this for two hours of 3DMark's Fire Strike Ultra, 'Graphics test 2' on a loop.

What I'd like to understand is why I can still hold this test for 2 hours with no stability issues with +15 MHz more on the GPU and +50 MHz on memory. But when I try to run the standard Fire Strike Ultra benchmark, my computer gets a black screen almost immediately if I try to go any higher than what I stated in the beginning.

Also, am I exceeding my card's capacity in a way that I could damage it or highly reduce it's lifespan?

Thanks!!!

Image.png

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
GPU-Z's PerfCap Reason states VRel, VOp and at times Pwr.
VRel is likely normal...

VOp is not and is likely causing throttling... if that isn't the Pwr is. Back off on the voltage and clocks a bit so you can sustain the boost clocks.

OP
M

MatuX

Thank you so much for the info, EarthDog! Super useful.

I've seen how the GPU clock fluctuates during heavy usage and I infer this is my card being effectively throttled.

I've taken a step back and went down to 1202/1291 (Clock/Boost) and +49mv for a total of 1.205v, which gives me an (almost) sustained 1404 Mhz clock.

I've seen it throttle down at some points, GPU-Z reports "Pwr" at those moments.

I take this is an indication that there's effectively not enough power to power the GPU. Tautology apart :). Which means I should consider either raising the voltage or reducing the GPU clock's offset. Is this assessment correct?

Thanks a lot :)

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Ithe is for the power limit. Once you hit a certain level, which you can raise in msi afterburner, it will lower the clocks.

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
If you are hitting the power limit, your only real choices are:

(1) Reduce the voltage (how low can you go???) to get less power draw, and hopefully more MHz
(2) Get a modded BIOS that lets you increase the power limit for the card