• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Xtreme Gaming Waterforce

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

demonman24

Hi, this is my first time posting on this forum, I have been trying to overclock my Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Waterforce, and I was wondering what stable OCs other users of this card have gotten, as the OCs I found in reviews cause artifacting or crashing during stress tests. For reference, I have been trying to OC with a power limit of 130% and a temp. target of 91C, while overvolting by +87 mV, as that is what I have seen others doing as well. Thanks in advance for your replies!

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Each card varies in what it can reach.

Gone are the days of cranking the voltage and seeing what happens. You need to keep an eye on the power use and make sure it's not hitting the limit and throttling. I'd start with NO voltage increase and see how far the core goes while keeping an eye on power use (in MSI afterburner). If you are still under the limit, then raise the voltage a bit and see how things go...rinse and repeat.

That said, most of these cards crap out around 1500MHz (actual boost clocks, NOT what is listed on the main page of gpuz. You can see this info on the sensor tab or the graph in msi ab).

Vellinious

Need to be watching the GPUz sensors tab "perf cap reason" line, it'll tell you why your card is capping performance...once you know what the issue is, you can try to find a work around to resolve it.