• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking I5 4690k above 4.7Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skiliak

Hi all I`m new to the forum, and a noob to overclocking. I know the basic stuff but some things I can`t actually understand due to language barrier mainly.... and lack of explanation a bit....
So I have a i5 4690k MB is asrock z87 killer infinity ram 2x8 G hyperX 1866, I made the pc mainly for gaming.
I had a bit of issues with some games that are mainly CPU related ( MMO`s ) and I started reading few months ago about OC`ing ... I found alot of info on the voltage multiplier etc... which are all related to Mghz, but I have not found anywhere any info about the cash and voltage of it.... I guy that I contacted told me that the cpu cash is very important for a good OC cuz it was the fastest memory which a pc use and the faster it is the better..... I safe oc`ing the cpu to 4.8Ghz at 1.25 volts and the cash at stock 3.9 @ 1.080 volts. When I try to increase the cash voltage and the multiplier I get up to 4.3 at 1.120 volts on the cash but I have to bring down the cpu multiplier to 4.6 and the volts to 1.195-1.200 or the pc is not stable. I`m using Air cooling and at tests I get ( when it`s table and does not freeze )
a max 67 C on all cores and over 8 hours of running the benchmark. But when I try to manage the cash usually I get the pc to stall at 5-25 min in the test.....

Can anyone with knowledge actually explain to me how this works and what do I need to do and don`t need to do ???? do I need that cash or I need only the higher Clock speed, cuz for me at 4.5-4.6 with the higher cash I don`t feel the big difference then the normal clock, but when I go to 4.8 with the lower cash ( 3.9 ) I have a huge increase in gaming performance ....

I use air cooling freezer I30 with 2 fans not the stock 1

TY in advance :) :attn::attn::attn::attn:

OP
S

skiliak

amm... huumm... :sly: 90 C ...... I don`t get anywhere near that ..... something wrong or you just leave in very very hot country ???? And you say in your guide that 4.8 puts out the air cooling ???? I have a stable 4.8 at 65 C for 8 + hours at a lower voltage... ???

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
That is the limit of the cpu, not what temperatures we were getting.

You have a good chip is all? But you never listed what stress test brought those temperatures you are seeing...

OP
S

skiliak

That is the limit of the cpu, not what temperatures we were getting.

You have a good chip is all? But you never listed what stress test brought those temperatures you are seeing...

oh yea... aida 64 heavy load andcpu performance test from intel