• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking i7 5930k to 4ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RuffRidersEvo

Hey guys i just have a few questions regarding OC'ing, So i set the CPU core ratio to 40 in the bios and left it a auto/stock voltage which is 1.120 volts, booted perfectly fine and passed the 15 minute stress test via real bench however task manager reads it as 3.9ghz though CPU-Z reads the multiplier at 40 and the core clock is around 4000 mhz (if anyone needs pictures thats fine) so did i do everything correct? or is there something still wrong. Let me know thanks

My Specs are

i7 5930k

asus x99 deluxe

Corsair Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2666

Corsair h110i

seagate barracuda 3TB

GTX 980

Don't bother task manager. You're good.

Try the multi to 45x, the vcore to 1.3v, llc to ultra high and check the temps. With a h110, you should be good to go. If stable, lower the vcore.

And man, grab a ssd! ;)

Don't bother task manager. You're good.

Try the multi to 45x, the vcore to 1.3v, llc to ultra high and check the temps. With a h110, you should be good to go. If stable, lower the vcore.

And man, grab a ssd! ;)

Ok i'll be sure to try that thanks! also forgot to mention temp while testing was 65 degrees celsius, and also isn't 45 4.5 ghz? i don't plan on going that high just around 4 to 4.2 ghz. Also where can i find llc on the motherboard? (sorry for many ques i ain't that knowledgeable of overclocking) Thanks

4.2 should be achievable with 1.15v. llc is load line calibration. Don't remember where to find it on Asus mobo's bios...

4.2 should be achievable with 1.15v. llc is load line calibration. Don't remember where to find it on Asus mobo's bios...

Alright sounds good i'll try it and if anything goes wrong i'll reply back. One more thing in order to stable out the system do u have to OC the RAM and GPU? just curious

It is your choice to overclock the RAM and GPU, just don't do it until you have a stable CPU.

1.3 is way more than you need for 4.2. i needed 1.2v for 4.375mhz on my 5820k when it was brand new. try 1.2v and 4300mhz. but dont set xmp on. leave ram at auto. you want your bclk to be 100. if you screw with memory it opens up a whole other can of worms.

sorry i should have read your post more carefully. it seems like everything is fine at 4ghz. cpu-z tells the truth. dont worry about anything else. people here always want to overclock new stuff and sometimes it's somebody else's new stuff. we can't help it.

Back