• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking issues - Intel 5930K - Asus X-99A - H115i - 750W PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ha55an

Registered
Hello everyone - I could use some help.

So I have overclocked my 5930k to 4.3Ghz with 100BCLK at a multiplier of 43. It's stable at about 1.266V

I have 4x4GB of 2666Mhz RAM and they're running using XMP Profile 1 at their rated speed.

The temperature doesn't exceed 80 which means I should have a lot of room to go before I get near 90, but when I try to get to 4.4 - even pushing the voltage as high as 1.35-1.45, I still can't get the computer to stabilize even though the temperatures don't get near dangerous.

I'm not sure why this would be? Is it just that the chip is not capable even though it isn't being pushed to dangerous levels thermally?

Like I would have thought that the combination of voltage and the H115i cooler would mean I should be able to get up to 4.5/4.6?

Thanks.

You might need to up the CPU VRIN voltage. This is the voltage the board feeds to the CPU initially which is then broken down to the different rails 1.8 is default and I wouldn't go over 2.0V.
You can also try upping the Ring voltage a bit but stay below 1.3V
I found it usually took a combination of these two plus VCore to balance speed and temp.
I wouldn't go over the mid 80s while stress testing IIRC they start to throttle at 90 and shutdown at 100

Back