• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking MP 1800's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TonyKlem

ive got dual MP 1800's and i was wondering how much anyone thinks i could o/c these babys with my 2 SLK-800 heatsinks and 12v Vantec Tornados 84.1 CFM 55.2dba..... plus i have 5 more of them for case fans hehehe its just a little loud.... hehe just a little

rustymaitland

i have one tornado sitting on top of my ax-7. it drowns out all other case fans and my other system's delta on a 6cu+. i do plan on replacing the case fans i currently have with the tornados too!!
last saturday i went out and spent some good coin on a decent rheobus. need a drill but i can't wait to hook that s--t up.
noise be gone.
to acceptable levels anyway.

OP
TonyKlem

TonyKlem

lol ya and im gonna have ........ 7 of them !!!!!!!!!!! gotta love that healthy buzz at night when im trying to sleep:D

FunkDaMonkMan

7 of them :eek:

that kind of vibration might not be good for computer parts.

plz tell me that's gunna be in a seperate house from where you sleep.

OP
TonyKlem

TonyKlem

NOPE all in my bedroom!!! hahahaaaaa but its ok noise never bothers me:D

kLiNk

Registered
Tony ever time we lan u fall a sleep with music blasting on ur headphones lol those fans arent going to bother u!!

Fever

7 Tornados are seriously bad for your ears. I'm not kidding.

But, dpeneding on the stepping of your chips you'll get a very good OC.

Toysrme

I know some of you don't care, but I say if Osha won't let you work and get paid in the same room as some comps... Don't sleep with them! Jesus people come on!

Hey man look you really need do not be around that kind of noise for any long periods of time. I've lost 10% and 40% in my right and left ears respectivly from drumming. I may only be 19 and I know you're only 15 Tony, but trust me man. There are two things that can't be fixed. Your spine and you ears. Everyones ears wear out with age people. The most you can do is slow down the process.

-Toysrme

Caffinehog

Übercaffinated Member
Yeah, man. My grandpa worked on trains.... comparable in noise to tornado fans. Now the phrase you hear him say the most is, "Huh?"
Do you want to be the one who say, "Huh?" all day?
Or the guy who starts talking about the good old days when someone asks you if the dog has been eating well, and not because you want to talk about the good old days, but because you don't know what they asked?
Or who thinks your kid calling on the phone, asking you to come to the hospital because he's sick, is a telemarketer?

Save your hearing. Nix the tornadoes. For that price, you could watercool.
Good lord, man, I'd rather lose my sight than my hearing.

OP
TonyKlem

TonyKlem

omg im not that dumb i dont sleep in the same room as it :argue:
and i was gonna upgreade to WCing sometime soon anyways

edit: or maybe a peltier

Caffinehog

Übercaffinated Member
You pretty much have to watercool a pelt these days. Look around... swiftech makes blocks with built-in cold plates for them. Some others do, too, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.
Without pelts, you'll do just fine putting the blocks in series with just one pump and one radiator. With pelts, you'll have better luck with two cooling systems or at least running them in parallel.

P.S. I hope you FOLD with that machine!