• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking my 2100+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xlgimmewarlx

Hey, how are you doing guys.

I Have been able to acheive these speeds ROCK Stable
1733@2400 (12x200) 1.9 VCore stock vdimm, aggressive timings.

Specifications
  • GeForce 2 64MB DDR Card
  • EPoX 8RDA+
  • 450 Watt FoxConn PSU
  • Chieftech Tower Case
  • Volcano 9 W/ Coolmod AS3 Applied
  • (2) 120GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache WD Drives
  • 48X16X48 Burner
  • 16X DVD
  • 1.44 Floppy

Memory Geil PC3200 W/ heatspreader 115F Load with 2400MHz
Suggestions?

I want to squeeze more speed!

Beats me. With my cooling now, I can get it up to about 2210 mhz then I start to get scared. I don't want to go over 1.75vCore. My temps start to get near 60C here according to the Hardware doctor. Supposedly I can take about 11C off, but 3ghz speed equivalent is fine for me now.

Slowmo said:
Beats me. With my cooling now, I can get it up to about 2210 mhz then I start to get scared. I don't want to go over 1.75vCore. My temps start to get near 60C here according to the Hardware doctor. Supposedly I can take about 11C off, but 3ghz speed equivalent is fine for me now.
That's the feeling I get. I have a CPU core and a CPU surface temp in the PC Health area of the Bios. Core temp is 15F above surface but surface is the same as motherboard monitor. Until I understand the difference ver AMD overtemp specs I'm opting to be cautious.

You're going to have to get better cooling. An slk800 could make your rig fly. I don't think that you're going to need a 1.9v vcore until around 2.5 ghz with that chip. 115F is getting on the hot side, so again I'd recommend you to upgrade your cooling before going too much further. You just might be able to lower your vcore to 1.85 and pump a little more out of it with your volcano, but far higher with an slk800.

Well, i could always buy one from a friend.

Now, i think i need to mod my case a little.

My bud has a SLK-800A How much should i buy it from him for?

i found i can run my 2100 at 2400mhz (16x150..**** ram) on 1.85v. played bf1942 the whole night last night at 2.4ghz so i reckon thats stable enuf for me..
too bad my board wont go higher than 1.85v

Back