• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking my clawhammer a64 3200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Onkyo

Registered
how would i go about doing this ? i dont just want ot mess with bios and everything , until i have some idea, it is totally different fro mthe nf7-s what do i do with the memory overclock how do i change it ? and the cpu i just go under power bios? what bios is good for ocing ? please help and or give me links to a site deticated to the a64 chip on ocing . thanks for all your help. specs in sig.

if youve OC'd before...its pretty much the same except instead of FSB you have HTT.

Read this.

Take it slow, get a feel for what you're doing, and get it done right the first time. Don't get intimidated by the new style of overclocking, but learn it.

sweet thanks guys , i wasnt sure at all and kind of afraid of ocing the A64 but i know it is possible . thanks again

Good Luck with it...I got my clawhammer up and running great at 2.35GHz :) Nice Speeds!!! Hopefully you can break 2.5GHz let us know what happens...make sure you do your homework first though remember that. It will save you in the end because you don't want to destroy a $300 chip. I wouldn't take my voltage above 1.65...I tried 1.7 once but it scares me and I don't need it to do 2350MHz.
Good Luck and nice system please let us know what you score with it OC'd and that 6800Ultra. My scores are below in my sig with my X800 Pro.

thanks for al lyour help will be posting all my scores soon i know my 6800 can do 433/1.12 already on air no artifacts insane huh.

Back