• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking my mobile chip

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BaronVonWalz

Alright, I went and got these parts.

Athlon XP Mobile 2500+
ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe with UBER BIOS Rev 1.008
1024 MB (2 x 512MB) Kingston HyperX PC4000 RAM
Thermaltake Subzero4G Thermo-electric cooler

The board can hit a max CPU voltage of 1.85, and I can change the Northbridge voltage to 1.9. I can POST and boot into Windows at 2.4GHz (12 x 200MHz), but shortly after I get a BSOD with the error message of BAD_EXHANDLE. So I set it back to 2.3GHz, (11.5 x 200) and everything runs perfectly fine. I don't know what the deal with that is...if anyone could tell me I would appreciate it.

I can also only hit a max FSB of 218MHz on my mobo, even though I changed the Northbridge voltage to 1.9v. Could it be that the AGP/PCI lock is not engaged, and if so, how do I engage it. I really think I should be able to hit higher than 218MHz on DDR500 ram and a mobile chip.

Help is appreciated

-Baron

To make sure your AGP freq. is correct go into your bios and go into Adanced chipset features. Then AGP Frequency. make sure it is set to 66. I couldn't find out how to ensure your PCI bus was correct. But I'll keep looking.

Thanks superman, however my agp is already set to that, hmm, must be pci bus that is failing, but i have also heard that the northbridge core voltage adjuster doesn't work.

time to send my abit an7 in for repairs.

Yep the urber bios's chipset voltage doesn't work. :bang head Sucks for us.

I think the 218fsb might be the max for your board w/out a volt mod. I have been able to hit 11x214 stable so you got me beat. ;)

Good board, bad overclocker. :beer:

Back