• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking palomino 1700+ question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theman7747

Registered
With the best air cooling available, what speed do you think i could oc my palomino 1700+ to? I was wondering if i could get it up to the speed of a 2000+ and still run stable. I also was wondering if i need to up my vcore, and to what should i raise it.

here's my system~

AMD Athlon XP 1700+(palomino)
Asus A7V266
768mb PC2100 (3 dimms 256)
Visiontek Geforce 3 ti 500
Audigy Platinum

thanks a lot for any suggestions, i'm new to overclocking, but have been doing lots of reading! :D

The Coolest

We gotta know the exact stepping to let you know what to expect, but if this chip is over than "a few" months old then you might get the XP2000+ speeds, but still, most likely will have to up the vcore, but if you have "The Best Air Cooling" then it won't be problem. if its an AGOIA you're most likely hit 2100+ speeds at default voltage. if its an AGOGA you will propably hit about 1700mhz, with upped voltage.
Its all in your chip and the stepping