• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arnoldma

ok i have a 1700+ 0308 XPMW and corsiar twinx pc3200 2x256mb ram in dual chan ddr

when i try 210x11.5, which is only 2.4ghz and im runing this at 1.8v core, it boots into windows fine, but when i run prime95 it just ****s up bad!! it says something like ILLEGAL CACULATION or somethin, then it just floods prime95 with it!!

im using a nf7-s v2.0 board, can any1 tell me the settings needed for my ram and what else i can do to get this stable?

thanks alot, bye.

"just 2.4"

2.4 on an AMD really isnt a "just"

you gotta figure out what the problem is though, is it the 2.4ghz or is it the 210mhz

i kinda doubt it's the ram but it's worth a shot....more then likely though your CPU cant run that fast.

1st thing you could do is get your temp down 52C @ 1.75volts, will prolly be close to 55C @ 1.8volts, and such an overclock might just not play together very well, also "Just 2.4GHz", I don't consider 2.4 as just, its a very big OC. If its your RAM you could bump up the Vdimm or relax your memory timings, although increasing CPU vcore could help, it could also just make things worse by adding more heat to the mix, which might make the chip even more unstable.

As I said, first thing first, I think its the heat which is the problem

What memory voltage are you using? Have you run MemTest on your memory at 210 FSB yet? You might try increasing the memory voltage a little. You might also try relaxing your memory timings. See if either of these help.

Of course, you might have to increase the CPU voltage. I see from your sig that you were using 1.75 volts at 2.3 GHz. It might take more than 1.8 volts to reach 2.4 GHz.

I also see from your sig that you are already running at 52C full load. You may need to lower that temp some, because it is going to continue to increase with the added voltage. That may be causing some of your stability problems.

When that happens to me, I just increase my vcore by .025v or sometimes .05v and that fixes it.

im using the older bios for my board nf7-s, so hopefuly its not really runing at 52C, because when i touch the heatsink its only just warm about 40C i'd say, i will update to new bios when the none beta version comes out.

also im sure this chip can do mroe then 210fsb because other ppl with the same 0308XPMW has gotten it to 2.5+ speeds...

i will try at 1.825 and runing the ram at default speeds and see what happens. i really dont wanna lower the ram timmings thou

Back