• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Sucess...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woscarr

Registered
So far ! 2hrs. and going strong.

I just overclocked my Duron800 to 1000Mhz. on no other than my new K7S5A. It took me 4 tries to get it to work, I was a little too adventurist at first, tried to change Vcore and multiplyer, didn't work:(

So I just penciled all the L7's closed (1.85v) and everything is running great (was 1.60v).

I got the new/cracked BIOS and upped the freq to 124Mhz, haven't tried any higher yet. I have 256 pc133 ram and a sb live value, geforce2 mx400 agp, 8x8x32 cdr/cdwr, 20gig h/d. My weak link right now is my psu, only 250w!

I have a dual boot system win98se/2000pro. I have been booting both os'es up and running all sorts of stuff, then go back to the hardware monitor in the bios... so far it seems Im running around 35 - 45 C, 35 being idle.

I mostly use my pc to run ms flight simulator2002 with addons like pic767,df734, pss744 ect... Right away I notice 10fps boost from 800mhz. to 1000mhz. with the fbs at 124mhz. Very smooth no stutters, all sliders and options set to approx 75% 1024x768x32.

And from someone who has just built his fifth pc, 2 with intel based chipset and two with via based chipsets I am really enjoying this sis based chipset.

So far a smooth player with horsepower to spare... Me Like!!! :)

Wayne

Im using a Cidicom 5e34b3-hh for AMD ? It's chepo cooler with a copper base and fairly small fan and some thermal grease that came with it. $25 CDN.

I asked the guy at the store when I bought my K7S5A what do you recommend for cooling and that's what he gave me. Tolga Computers.

Wayne

Back