• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Tempature Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KevDaMan

Registered
I have a p3 500 and I plan to overclock this chip. I know they are not great overclockers I have a retail heatsink/fan combo but I am ordering a VOS32 Very shortly but the problem lies in my Motherboard, it do not have any tempature monitering features :(
Shuttle AV61 is the board. Can any 1 recomend a good tempature monitering device so I can get some accurate idea of my cpu temp. Please tell me the url of where I can find 1 that will meet my needs. I have some case fans installed so I am not to worried about monitering my Motherboard temp for now but the CPU temp is a must. Take a look at this device and give u're opinions if it will meet my needs I think the sensor is kind of 2 big to put between cpu and heatsink or however u do this I am new 2 overclocking. http://www.bigfootcomputers.com/Mer...foot&Product_Code=2401CGTD&Category_Code=0220

is the url

That temp sensor is perfect for monitoring CPU temps. I would recommend getting it from Cooler guys though since they have it for a lower price, $16.95!

Also, the VOS32 works great, I have it and love it, I think you will to. THe only problem with it is that the clip kind of sucks that comes with it. It didnt provide good contact with the CPU core when i used that clip. I would recommend the stock clip that came with the intel HSF. It is the best clip, in my opinion, and when I used it I had very good contact and my Idle temps were about 24-25c.

Back