• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking the Duron

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quegyboe

Hey peeps, I was bored this morning and decided to try to OC my duron. Here is the info on it....

Duron 1.1Ghz ASHHA
Stock volts = 1.75
unlocked currently @ 9x
anything else?

Ok, so I have been running this puppy at 1.2Ghz for a while now, kinda like a burn in. Seemed to work to, because this chip used to crap out at 1.23Ghz, but I am typing this up at 1.26Ghz. Here is what I have now....

1260Mhz
140 FSB x 9
1.82v's

I wanted to know what the max safe voltage is for a Duron morgan. The temps are...

idle = 45C
max = 49C

Do you think I could SAFELY raise the Vcore some more? I am getting an AXP 1800+ in about a week, so I just wanted to see how high this thing can really go. As for the FSB, I don't expect to get that very high, mainly because this Gigabyte is notorious for corrupting your HDD at high FSB's. Also, if the system reboots during a sandra memory bench, would that be caused by the ram or CPU? I bumped the Vdimm up to 2.6v's but I haven't tried the bench again yet....what would a safe max Vdimm be?

Milkman

I would not go much beyond 1.85v without better cooling, the load temps seem a bit high, get those down some and you may get more with the same voltage. I would say that the reboots are attributed to the instability so more vcore might help that but watch the temps!!

mamer

OP
quegyboe

quegyboe

**Update**
Ok, so after playing around with it, I managed to get 1.26Ghz on a 140 FSB. Any higher, and I get reboots and such. Here are some bench's, anyone feel free to give me input on the numbers. Are they good? Are they low? Anyone else with a Duron please feel free to post your results!

cpu.jpg

mem.jpg

papounet

did you use Prime95 or toast or [email protected] to test stability ???

I believe your Morgan has still some way to go.
I think I would try to set it at 10x and see how high the FSB can go.

My morgan 1200 is at 13x109 (mulitplier relocked from 12x to 13x)

Valk

Im disturbed about how close your sandra results come to when i first built this athlon a few weeks ago. I put it all together with no oc to install windows. got 39xx mips and like 1800 megs per second memory speed.

heh, you are from victoria, i wonder if there is any chance i knew you heh he.