• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Titan XP without water cooling and life expectancy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eco_bach

Hi
Just purchased a Titan XP and would like to overclock it mildly, so anticipate temps in the 80-90C range.
If running for long periods at these temps, will it reduce the life expectancy or in any way damage the card?

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
No, but it may throttle and limit your clocks... be sure you crank the power limit slider (which takes the temp limit up automatically) and pay attention to clocks and throttling. :)

wingman99

+1 you will do fine, however in 3 years of running I would blow the dust out of the card for maximum performance.

I ran my last EVGA GTX 570 video card at 87c for 5 years.

mokrunka

Yeah, certainly no issues with running at temps in the 80s for long periods. I ran my dual 470s closer to 95C for a couple of years before water cooling them. These cards are designed to operate at or below their temperature limits.

Also, Titan XP! That's cool. Have you posted any benchies yet?

OP
E

eco_bach

Just ordered parts. Will be a couple weeks. With overclocking I'm curious how close I can get to a dual 1080 SLI setup.
Just wish the darned card wasn't so pricey, but for GPU based rendering should really fly!

Also ordered the Predator 360 for the CPU with planned waterblock for the Titan in the near future.