• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Overclockix Revived

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, I found some fairly critical network-manager components missing this evening that should have been included in the latest build but have been missing since we moved to wheezy. See the Change Log for more details. I was just working on a laptop this evening when I realized that I could not connect to wireless using network-manager-gnome, realizing that it was nowhere to be found. :facepalm:

Looked like the torrents were moving a little slow.

So I've added some more bandwidth to the mix. Lets hope it's enough to saturate an average home connection. It should and then some... Yup I'm still seeding. :)

Last edited:
Looks like my rTorrent process got killed on the web server. I also started mine back up.

for some reason my flexget config didn't grab the latest torrents for seeding I have just added all of the version 18 torrents to my dedibox which has a 100mbit/s upstream connection, hopefully that will make a difference :)

edit:

it seems my flexget config was pointing at the old overclockix.mbentley link rather than the newer overclockix.com domain :)

I was wondering who was still hitting that :) I saw hits on that in my logs. I apparently didn't get that DNS record updated at some point...

I really need to get a new release out as there is a pretty big problem with a missing package. Apparently a dependency was removed at some point that made it so network-manager wouldn't be installed. I was just waiting for Debian 7.4 to be released and some things had come up since then so I haven't had time to create the new builds. I'd also like to change the numbering scheme to something that makes more sense to align with the Debian release version.

There are some benchmarks at HWBOT that can be run on linux.

Hwbot prime can be run and submitted for points.

Ucbench runs on linux, but I am unsure if you can submit it for points.

I am unsure about meeting the screenshot requirements for submission, but I see these mentions when searching the forums there, "I-nex or anything that can show some info (lspci etc.): and "CPU-G"

I have mostly only fought with linux and don't have much experience, but perhaps some of you more experienced guys might be able to get some good results.

I was thinking that these could be included in the o/s, but I am unsure of any permission or licensing type issues.

Hwbot Prime can be found here.(direct from hwbot)

Ucbench can be found here.

I was wondering who was still hitting that :) I saw hits on that in my logs. I apparently didn't get that DNS record updated at some point...

I really need to get a new release out as there is a pretty big problem with a missing package. Apparently a dependency was removed at some point that made it so network-manager wouldn't be installed. I was just waiting for Debian 7.4 to be released and some things had come up since then so I haven't had time to create the new builds. I'd also like to change the numbering scheme to something that makes more sense to align with the Debian release version.

I seem to be having a bit of a problem with Deluge, I am a member of a private tracker that requires DHT to be disabled, but I can not download or seed the Overclockix torrents whilst DHT is turned off. Whilst DHT is disabled the torrent gets an error "openbittorrent.com: Error: timed out" Going to have a look around for a solution, at worst I will just install Rtorrent for the overclockix torrents.

I seem to be having a bit of a problem with Deluge, I am a member of a private tracker that requires DHT to be disabled, but I can not download or seed the Overclockix torrents whilst DHT is turned off. Whilst DHT is disabled the torrent gets an error "openbittorrent.com: Error: timed out" Going to have a look around for a solution, at worst I will just install Rtorrent for the overclockix torrents.
Here are some direct downloads:

http://thideras.com/downloads/overclockix/

There are some benchmarks at HWBOT that can be run on linux.

Hwbot prime can be run and submitted for points.

Ucbench runs on linux, but I am unsure if you can submit it for points.

I am unsure about meeting the screenshot requirements for submission, but I see these mentions when searching the forums there, "I-nex or anything that can show some info (lspci etc.): and "CPU-G"

I have mostly only fought with linux and don't have much experience, but perhaps some of you more experienced guys might be able to get some good results.

I was thinking that these could be included in the o/s, but I am unsure of any permission or licensing type issues.

Hwbot Prime can be found here.(direct from hwbot)

Ucbench can be found here.

Thanks. I'm looking at including those via hooks. Looks like it should be fairly simple. I am only concerned about needing java so we'll see what that looks like in some test builds.

Out of curiosity, would anyone be interested in a Vagrantfile to duplicate my build environment? I know it is not easy to duplicate my build environment which is likely a fairly big barrier to anyone else contributing. I'll build it if anyone actually would use it.

I would help. I do have a server with virtualbox. I am not sure at this point what I have to contribute. In the future if there is direction which it needs help I would pitch in

I am not sure if anyone is familiar with docker (http://www.docker.io) but I am working on configuring a simple build environment using docker. If you are not familiar with docker, it is basically a wrapper around linux containers. I use docker quite a bit at work so I figured that I could just as easily get it working in docker as anything else. The great part is that docker is extremely portable. Once I verify that it works exactly as I expect it will (my initial testing build is going well so far), I'll post more information.

I haven't used docker but of course I have heard a lot of the industry buzz around it. Would definitely be interested in it though

Looks like everything is working great when building an image using docker. The performance seems to be on par with running a dedicated build VM (my current setup).

I have a collection of dockerfiles in a github repo, including this one to build Overclockix.
https://github.com/mbentley/dockerfiles/tree/master/debian/overclockix

That in term is pushed to the docker index:
https://index.docker.io/u/mbentley/debian-overclockix/

That may not mean much to anyone who isn't familiar with docker, it really means ultra portability and easy builds. I'll be able to integrate this with something like jenkins to do some continuous integration testing as well.

Sure, it might be possible to do so. I haven't ever set up a box for mining so some guides for Debian wheezy would be required but I can at least look to see if it would be feasible.

Just one of the torrents giving me issue. All are doing similar.. Any ideas? My seedbox allows public trackers and I am using Transmission.. Which I've never had issue prior..

overclockix-amd64-.018.img

Tier 1

• udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80
    Announce error: Connection failed - Today 06:52:43 AM
    Next announce in 2 hours
    Scrape error: Connection failed - Today 06:34:23 AM

Seeders:N/ALeechers:N/ADownloads:N/A

Tier 2
udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80
Announce error: Connection failed - Today 06:52:43 AM
Next announce in 1 hour, 59 minutes
Scrape error: Connection failed - Today 06:41:05 AM