• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OverCloking dosent changes my 3d mark enough

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The-Fox

Registered
Hey, I tried to get a really high Score with My system, but it seems that the OC dosent really changes the score, I tought it will get some more points but it didnt.
My default Score is around 10200 with no OC at all...
and the Max Ive Got with Suicide OC that barely finishes the Test was 11599, From OCing both CPU and the Graphic Card.
The OC was like that: cpu@ 1665 MHZ and FSB at 185 MHZ.
the Graphic card was on 300/630, though I can Get it to 650 and Even 680 but there are many tearings at that level, how can I Elimenate it btw ?
MEMory timings were conservative since the Problem Ive got with the CAS, so I set it on 2.5 3-3-6 2T.
I used a Fresh Install of Windows 2k w/SP3.
Any Suggestions on how to Improve and what might causes this ?

Edit: I use 41.03 Drivers they are the fastest I think...

Last edited:
Dont complain.......

hey man........Dont complain dude.......I overclocked my video card by 16 notches to 185 and defualt was 166........And I get like 150 points difference in 3dmark2001SE.......

I am Talking about 100 Mhz more then the Default in Memory, its not 16 MHz, and plus 50 MHZ more then the Default in the core.
this is more then a medeum OC...

Setting the ram timings at the most aggressive settings makes a big difference in the score.

Did you do any tweaks on riva tuner?

I know about hte Timings, but I got this problem look at this Thread.
Second Of all I dont use RivaTuner, I will get it, any suggetions on what tweks to paly with ?
BTW i've got the exact system except the CPU and U got a whole lot more then I did, see what I mean ?

Last edited:
Unfortunately not all hardware perform the same.

What are your temps @? That could be one of your limiting factors too.

D/l Riva Tuner and do a search for it's tweaks. If you can't find it (you should be able to since there's a boatload of posts about it), get back to me and I'll hook you up.

What did you o/c your cu and vid card at?

The-Fox said:
The OC was like that: cpu@ 1665 MHZ and FSB at 185 MHZ.
the Graphic card was on 300/630 the CAS, so I set it on 2.5 3-3-6 2T.
I used coolbits, I might use RivaTuner...
my temps at this OC after the 3DMark were: CPU@52, M/B@31.
i think it's OK, Vcore was set on 1.85 V.

I think your vid card might be heating up that's why you can't go any higher on the o/c.

Try Riva tuner w/ the tweaks and get back to us.

Back