• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overvolted aero?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Valk

heh. did some shopping on svc to find a slot 1 hs for another user.... i got to thinking... When i overvolted my case fans to move more air in and out, i tested 17 volts into my smart fan 2 on my sk7... the amount of extra airflow from this was stupid high and had i not feared the burning death of an already very high speed fan, I would have done and OC temp test at 2500 mhz with it. there was also the noise consideration. i belive i raped a tornado with this thing... if that is possible. worse than an industrial heat gun X_X.

and so, remember this, I thought about plotting evil against an aero fan just for kicks. has anyone over volted them?
I know there are much better blowers out there that will probably be more efficiant and cost effective than this. but this is already designed to be used with computer stuffs. so mounting it to cool a cpu is not of any consideration.

the cheap one, $7.99 says 10.9 cfm at 1900 rpm... so i wonder how this thing would perform at about... 5000.

surely, it would not be good for it, but its $7.99. just for kicks?
oh well, if anyone has done it already, let me know. ill just forget the idea. im still trying to figure out how to use a blower to cool my rad when i go water. doesnt look like a very promising idea, space wise.

Korndog

it will not preform at 5000rpm..
it will more likly instantly fry
plus, blowers are designed for high pressure, not high cfm.
a waste of 8 bucks imho
u can get a blower like mine for 13bucks. its 85cfm and whisper quiet :)

OP
Valk

Valk

Im actully looking for one that moves about 100 cfm. but space IS a concern as my water setup will be completly internal. I have the space where hard drives go. thats it. got any blower links for me?

OP
Valk

Valk

Im almost temptd to construct my own blower using some of the parts they have listed. It wouldnt be too hard to make a shourd for it using acrylic or lexan and it would have that computer purpose look to it.

http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2004010304365815&item=10-1639&catname=electric
one of these with a special folder aluminum mount and a second bearing on the other side of the the wheel.
http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2004010304365815&item=16-909&catname=electric
Wheel is pretty cheap.
fold some tinted uv reactive plastic into a shroud with a UV cathode or some LEDS and you have a real purpose built moded system. I would probably build it somthink like the cooler master though. Placing the motor inside the wheel so the space taken is basicly a square.
I wonder though... placing a blower fan with a heater core into a case could be seriously testing as a project.

SuperLanboy_inside.jpg

here be the platter.