• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p3 800eb cooling probs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShaYmuS

Registered
Ive had a pentium 3 800 running on an abit se6 motherboard for about a year now. however the problem has just started.
The idle temps according to mbm 5 are case 30, cpu 33. Now as soon as i play a game or do any sort of cpu intesive things the cpu temp jumps immediately to 40 and climbs from there. Today after playing quake 3 for about half and hour the cpu was at 51. However as soon as i quit it jumps straight back to 40 and then drops from there. I did a cpu multimedia test using sandra and in the 20 secs that the test was running the temp jumped form 33 to 46. I checked the bios temp and when mbm is saying 38 the bios is saying 43. The only thing that i have done that i think could have caused this over the past week is i gave the case a clean, getting rid of the dust etc..
Should i beleive mbm or the bios or neither?
Also is there anything i can that will get the temps back to normal.

Thanks

Back