• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 1.6A... how do I pin-mod it to 133mhz???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Terry

OK I got a 1.6a [100mhz FSB] P4 in trade here on the forums. It runs 2400+ on an IC7 at stock voltage. I picked up a used Asus P4P800-MX MATX board to slap it on. But alas... overclocking options are minimal.

I understand you can pin mod it from 100mhz to 133mhz
"To fool BIOS into thinking your CPU is 133 MHz:
you have to connect BSEL0 (pin AD6) to nearest VCC (high signal) using copper wire. You will find VCC right next to pin AD6, VCC is pin AD7. Simply speaking: connect AD6 & AD7, and your CPU will be recognized as 133 MHz FSB." Link here: http://www.ocworkbench.com/ocwbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=000616

I downloaded the Intel P4 datasheet at http://www.intel.com/design/pentium4/datashts/298643.htm that shows all the pins but I can not tell how the CPU is oriented in the picture. I understand it is a top view of the CPU but which corner is which? Which corner has the gold dot? I just want to put a fine wire in between the 2 pins and get 133mhz instead of 100mhz. Here is the pin layout from the data sheet:

I thought you had to insulate the BSEL0 pin, not connect it to a VCC. :shrug:

EDIT: A1 is the corner with the gold triangle.

Attachments

• BSEL.jpg
    BSEL.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
i know on the pentium 4 mobile you had to insulate a pin to make default 200fsb. im not sure about the desktop p4.

Got it done but all it did was fool the BIOS. CPU did not go to 133mhz :( Highest it will go with the onboard BIOS is 1759mhz. What a waste. There has to be a way. Most decent boards allow FSB settings way higher than this one.

THANKS GUYS!!! That worked great. Snapped off the BSEL0 pin and that gave me a default 133mhz FSB. The BIOS options jumped up to 147mhz max after the mod to the CPU. So 16X147mhz gave me 2352mhz on the CPU now. Really sped up the dual channel memory also.

Terry said:
THANKS GUYS!!! That worked great. Snapped off the BSEL0 pin and that gave me a default 133mhz FSB. The BIOS options jumped up to 147mhz max after the mod to the CPU. So 16X147mhz gave me 2352mhz on the CPU now. Really sped up the dual channel memory also.

:)

have fun :beer:

Back