• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 2.4B & Mobo Voltage Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GregRon

I just recently built myself a new rig using an Asus P4PE motherboard and a 2.4B P4 and ever since I first booted it my hardware monitor in my bios has been reporting that my +3.3V is at 2.99 telling me that there is a problem, what is this voltage for and should I be concerned

Edit: Also what is the highest idle/full load temp I should let my p4 have if I start upping my FSB? Currently at stock it tends to idle around 38C and full load is about 44C. Also what is the highest a timid person should risk upping their VCORE to.

Last edited:
GregRon said:
I just recently built myself a new rig using an Asus P4PE motherboard and a 2.4B P4 and ever since I first booted it my hardware monitor in my bios has been *******g that my +3.3V is at 2.99 telling me that there is a problem, what is this voltage for and should I be concerned

this doesn't sound too low.
yet a better psu might help.

are you OCing?????

what is your vcore at?

we could use a little more info....what video card, so on....

btw.......welcome to the forums.

mica

Re: Re: P4 2.4B & Mobo Voltage Help

micamica1217 said:

this doesn't sound too low.
yet a better psu might help.

are you OCing?????

what is your vcore at?

we could use a little more info....what video card, so on....

btw.......welcome to the forums.

mica

voltage.jpg

No overclocking yet, those are my voltages

Edit: my temp is 44C only because I had been/was prime95'ing when I took that

ok....all your voltages look a little low.

what PSU are you using?

give me a run down of your other parts too.

video card, sound card, so on......

also since your mobo overvolts your cpu you seem to be ok there.

again we need more info.

mica

Turbolink 420W PSU

P4 2.4b
Asus P4PE

SoundBlaster Audigy Platinum

Abit GeForce 4 Ti4600

Sony 40x DVD
Philips 40x CDRW

WD 80gig w/8mbcache
WD 30gig

My friend has the same PSU and setup only he doesn't have my sound card, and hasn't had a voltage alert

BTW if anyone else feels like chipping in their two cents also I'd appreciate it

Last edited:
GregRon said:
Edit: Also what is the highest idle/full load temp I should let my p4 have if I start upping my FSB? Currently at stock it tends to idle around 38C and full load is about 44C. Also what is the highest a timid person should risk upping their VCORE to.

Dont go above 50 or 55C (assuming your temperature is being reported correctly). Also dont turn your Vcore above 1.7V.

Guess I won't have to worry about that, my damn processor crapped out even before 140fsb, even though it is 133 stock

are sure its the cpu?It could be one of your periphials or your memory crappin out.My 1.6 quit at 2100 @1.5v,but runs stable to 2700 @1.72v.

Back