• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 3.06 benchmarked.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

runsalone

For a laugh, go post this in the AMD chip forum. They will instantly remind you of how someone told them that their XP1700s match the 3.06 chip.

Civic_Addict

Not to bad.
Looking good.

The 3DMarks aren't all that impressive though. Not that I expected them to change a whole lot. My Ti4400 hits 12,000+.:)

markodude

lol I still kicked its *** on 3dmark- fsb will help a bit though!
3dmarkcompare.jpg

Civic_Addict

Why does everyone leave these off/down?
Texture Format Compressed (instead of 32bit)
Frame Buffer Double (instead of triple)

I mean understand it gives you a higher score, but I like my games to look good to. I usually crank everything up.
I still hit over 9000 on 1280x1024 and all settings maxed.

4x

Usually 3DMark is benched at Default 3DMark settings
Which is what you see .

This way each bench is identical in settings for everyone .

Civic_Addict

4x said:
Usually 3DMark is benched at Default 3DMark settings
Which is what you see .

This way each bench is identical in settings for everyone .
Ahh..
Well then I need to set mine to defaults to see what I get.

markodude

Although we are not talkin hyperthreaded here, and there are a few variables...check this out the SETI team benchmark league - there are a few XP1700+ up there with the best of the P4's.....

Last edited:

runsalone

I'm so tired of the amd freaks and their outrageous claims. AMD must be using subliminal advertising to turn you guys into zombies. Nothing AMD has will match a 2.66 or above. the 2800+ might come close to the 2.66, but barely.

Clarpet

markodude said:
Although we are not talkin hyperthreaded here, and there are a few variables...check this out the SETI team benchmark league - there are a few XP1700+ up there with the best of the P4's.....

Right...but the 3.06 I'm sure will probably squash that....though the 1700+ has been a good contender

CyberFed

im with Civic_addict , the 3dmark score is pretty much irrelavent, i mean give me a card that will let me play doom 3 (when it comes out of course) at 1024x768 with max detail and a fps higher than100 and im happy, score could be 30,000 or 300 in 3dmark doesnt much matter to me

markodude

Im not bias toward either AMD or Intel - see my sig. I would say that majority of Intel peeps dont realise how fast AMD chips are. I have got a 2.43hr run on the SETI benchmark with my 2400+, which is running at 2200mhz 175FSB and DDR350 CAS2. My 2.53ES P4 @ 3.0ghz on a 158FSB and DDR420 CAS2.5 will only do a 2.63hr run (it measures portions of an hour decimally)
Make your own conclusions from that.