• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 3.2C @ 3.6 and going!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

loks

i just started overclocking this thing yesterday and im quite pleased with it so far!!!! the only thing is that when i run prime my Temps rise from 33C-45C
to 38C-53C. what can i do to bring this temp down? im gonna water cool next month but i want to bring this thing up to 3.9Ghz. ive seen someone else in this forum with the same setup at 3.9Ghz. any suggestions?

Not really any suggestions since im on an XP Mobile right now but good luck hitting 3.9 anyway.

Are you running that Tornado at full blast? It may kill your ears but it will obviously cool better running at full. Put all wires behind the motherboard tray if you can, really helps air flow. Those temps really aren't to bad but I've heard with a 3.2C temperature means a lot. What voltage are you at?

yeah im leaving it at 3.6 because im 34 & 46C idle. that sucks!!!!!!

If you want to hit 3.9Ghz, I think you do have to go watercool.

Anyone out here hit 3.9Ghz with air cool?????????????

maybe even phase change

I got up to 3.8 on air in the winter, but it wasnt stable. I boot into windows mess around, play a game for about 1-3 hours then blue screen memory error/dump whatever.

yeah i took it to 3.7 and it wasnt stable after about 10 minutes it rebooted!!!! either way im gonna mess with it some more and i will post my results. wish me luck!!!!!

3.7Ghz Gents........ looking good temps are 37C-48C!!!!!! looking good!!!! core voltage 1.60.

its been stable at 3.7GHZ all night and left it on......hopefully its not fried when i get home or something!!!

P4 3.2C @ 3.6GHz is nothing. Actually, it's crap for P4 overclocking! Maybe you should have bought a 3.0Ghz instead. 33C-45C is actually good for an IC7 series which is known to add an extra 10C or so to the temp. Heck you can run it as hot as 70C and it'd still be good. Right now I'm on water with an idle temp of 50C and 65-70C load. My vcore is 1.65-1.70V. Its been running stable for over a year now.

those idle temps with water are too high!!!! you should be much lower. do you have fans blowings near the CPU? that would help your temps out alot!!! i am 3.7Ghz on air and and my temps are much lower than yours. maybe youre doing something wrong.

They're perfect temps considering I have an ultra low noise fan pushing my heatercore, not to mention my 1.7vcore. The only thing I can hear from my comp is the psu fan. I'm not sure if I should mod it or not because no one has posted about it yet. Everyone is obsessed with low temps but does it really matter if it doesn't affect the performance of your pc? I'm a sound guy, I can't stand tornado sounds! When I touch my cpu block, it's warm, not hot. I'm pretty sure abit monitor adds an extra 5-10C.

Nice overclock so far (although this probably should of been posted in the Intel CPU section). The Abit mobos tend to report temps a few degrees warmer than actual, so your temps look good. If you are stable at 3.7 gig with default vcore, that's awesome. My 3.0C only does 3.6 gig on default voltage and max stable of 3.8 gig on air, so I bet you can do at least 3.9 gig with a little extra vcore and that fan running full bore.

Back