• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 Price Drops and HT 800FSB Chip prices...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
P4 mobile 2.2m just came in, going to collect soon! We shall see what both my Abit BG7 and P4B-533E FSB limits are soon! Anyone got a spare stick of DDR500 :D

timmyqwest said:

extreamly doubtfull...

They are only designed to run @ 133mhz FSB...these will be at 200mhz, how often do you see people hitting 200mhz FSB when they o/c their system...

Aside from that i think there may be other compatiblity issues

I still am having a hard time believing it won't because TH7II has a divider lock for the AGP/PCI and of course the FSB can go to 250. So the 200fsb is what the chip and ram will run at being the problem i see is if PC1066 / PC1200 can overclock that high.

Agreed, what sort of bandwidth would we need to match a 1000FSB P4 - is that about 8gb/s? To have RAM at 1:1 would we need DDR600 or RAMBUS 1600 or what???
I am just thinking whther it is possible to run memory and FSB at the same bandwidth? FIZZ3 I am sure you know if you are about mr technical?? :D
JD - Im 1 WU behind you at the moment! :D:D

I'm actually quite disturbed by this. Consider the fact that in order to get HT, I'd either have to get a 3.06/533 P4 or an 800FSB P4. Now, Intel is pushing DDR-1 to the edge with 200MHz DDR (even dual channel). I doubt you'll be able to squeeze anymore out of it. Which is what's disturbing, as the golden age of a 1 GHz overclock is probably over.
I guess I could always get a 3.06/533 and overclock it, but I wouldn't have the FSB advantage.

imgod2u said:
I'm actually quite disturbed by this. Consider the fact that in order to get HT, I'd either have to get a 3.06/533 P4 or an 800FSB P4. Now, Intel is pushing DDR-1 to the edge with 200MHz DDR (even dual channel). I doubt you'll be able to squeeze anymore out of it. Which is what's disturbing, as the golden age of a 1 GHz overclock is probably over.
I guess I could always get a 3.06/533 and overclock it, but I wouldn't have the FSB advantage.

perhaps i'm wrong but isn't pc 3500 rated for 200mhz FSB...

PC3200 is rated for 200MHz. PC3500 is out and is 217 MHz. That, however, is extremely overclocked RAM. Notice that heatspreaders come default with those. DDR1 is reaching the peak of its scalability and JEDEC has only approved PC2700 as completely solid and operational, Intel is pushing to get DDR400, or PC3200 approved by JEDEC but that's pretty much the end of the line for DDR-1.

Back