• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Right now I own a 1.6a @ about 2.6 Ghz. I've been planning to upgrade for a while now but still staying under $200 maybe a little more depending. I know that lower multipliyers have a better chace to overclock more but my question is this.

I've been looking at the 2.4's and 2.5's and 2.4B has a 533 FSB so does the 2.53 but the multipiers are lower 18 and 19 if not mistaken. Even though lets say the 2.4 at 400mhz get to 133 (so 533 FSB) without a problem and can run a 3:4 mem divider. Now the 2.4B has a FSB of 166 but can't run the 3:4 mem divider which would be faster. Not really concered about mem benchmarks just overall performance and the likley hood of getting them there.

nodsetse

Well obviously the faster system would be 166FSB using 3:4 with PC3500 at 222MHz/DDR444, but I understand what you're saying. Unfortunately the answer to your question is totally dependent on the application being used.