• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4B-533E HT support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

markodude

OK so does this board support HT on the 1011 Bios or not???

Are there any settings in the BIOS that need changed to enable it?

Anyone running any later (beta) or modified bios on this board?

TimeFlies

Registered
I have the same board/bios. I've looked all over the bios, and the Asus website, no info on the HT.
If anyone finds out where this setting is, please reply.

From ASUS website:
Taipei, Taiwan, October 7, 2002 - ASUSTeK Computer Inc., the world's leading motherboard manufacture, today released new BIOS that enables users of ASUS motherboards based on Intel's 845E and 850E chipsets to support Intel Hyper-Threading Technology and future 3.06GHz P4 processors.

With Intel's Hyper-Threading Technology, multiple threads of software applications can now run simultaneously on a single CPU, increasing processor resource utilization by approximately 40% compared to conventional solutions in the past. To learn more about Hyper-Threading Technology, please visit http://www.intel.com/technology/hyperthread

ASUS' 845E product line includes P4B533, P4B533-E and P4B533-M, and the 850E line includes P4T533 and P4T533-C. All motherboards of the two product lines manufactured from October onwards will support Hyper-Threading Technology. However, if you are already an owner of the motherboards mentioned above, you can enjoy the advanced Intel technology as well by downloading the latest BIOS from the ASUS website to upgrade your system. From now on, packages of all ASUS motherboards supporting Hyper-Threading Technology will include the Intel "Hyper-Threading Technology" logo for easy identification.

Here are the requirements for upgrading to Hyper-Threading Technology:
1. CPU supporting Hyper-Threading Technology
2. Only Windows XP and Linux 2.4.x operating systems support Hyper-Threading Technology
3. It is recommended that you install WinXP Pack 1.
4. Activate Hyper-Threading Technology item in BIOS before installing Hyper-Threading Technology.

Link to above TEXT

Last edited:
OP
markodude

markodude

"Activate Hyper-Threading Technology item in BIOS before installing Hyper-Threading Technology."

So how do we go about doing this Asus!

TimeFlies

Registered
Keep me posted if the Beta has an HT setting. I'm at work, and then going to have drinks after work, so won't get to tinker till I'm a bit tipsy. Ah, computers and booze, what a life ;)

OP
markodude

markodude

Going to try with a real 3.06, at the moment on my 2.53 there is not an HT option in BIOS...