• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800-Cheap Buffalo-Vdimm mod results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AZN

AznSniper
i got winbond BH-5 buffalo ram at newegg for $62 same as JD and its decent ram for a very low price but it needs atleast 2.91v to start competing with twinmos speeds. well finally after a week or so major slaughter over the phone coaches me on how to do the Vdimm mod. to make a long story short i did the mod and now im pumping 3v to my ram and now i can use my 5:4 at higher then 280fsb. this is my first bench at 290fsb at 5:4 ddr464 at cas2-3-3-7
not bad eh, im gonna keep trying to tweak this system and aim for 300fsb at ddr480 but with this ram it just might not happen or the chip for that matter but we'll see. worse case i'll kill my ram and be forced to get better stuff

azn is very happy
thewave.gif

vdimm.jpg

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
WOW!! that's great!! :clap: :clap:

now, only if someone could teach me how to do it.... is it hard to do for even a newbie --> :) if you don't mind, can you give me a "walk-thru" instruction, included parts and where to buy?? :cool:

Last edited:

j2me_tech

LandShark said:
WOW!! that's great!! :clap: :clap:

now, only if someone could teach me how to do it.... is it hard to do for even a newbit --> :) if you don't mind, can you give me a "walk-thru" instruction, included parts and where to buy?? :cool:

muahahahaha...LMAO!:D :D

OP
AZN

AZN

AznSniper
well if u want to save even more $$$ then buy the pc3200 buffalo cuzz it too uses bh-5 winbond modules. i havent tried to go higher yet but it looks to be no different then the pc3700 sticks.
pc3200 256mb at $45 at newegg

3200.jpg

i will post how to mod soon

krag

Classifieds Moderator
Awesome bro! Have you touched your ram when its clocked that high? Is it like hot or just warm? Does the P4C800 have the same Vdim regulator as the IC7?

OP
AZN

AZN

AznSniper
i just touched the sticks and it feels no different then at 2.55v its not hot at all just slightly warm.
i saw the ic7 vdimm mod in this forum somewhere before. i tried to find it again but couldnt, maybe some1 can link us to it cuzz the mod is not hard to do at all. bignuttz will do his mod as soon as his smd grabbers come in the mail which should be tomorrow.

i dont know about the ic7 but im sure they wont be mounted on the board at the same spot.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
Dude, if I can get my vdimm modded I'll slap these Corsair chips with 3.0-3.1v and rock it! Hipro told me that my particular chips can handle 3.2 easy. Might just get me a 3.0c northy too.:D

OP
AZN

AZN

AznSniper
j2me_tech said:
azn,

nice, 290fsb using 5:4 divider. :clap: izzit after 290fsb using 5:4 is :bang head

:p
whats that about a wall at 290fsb? :)
these are my pc3200 sticks

293.jpg

lbbo2002

Smoken overclock:cool: What are your temps like with the 900u? Have you had to up the CPU core much?

Again that one fine board and overclock

micamica1217

AZN said:
i just touched the sticks and it feels no different then at 2.55v its not hot at all just slightly warm.
i saw the ic7 vdimm mod in this forum somewhere before. i tried to find it again but couldnt, maybe some1 can link us to it cuzz the mod is not hard to do at all. bignuttz will do his mod as soon as his smd grabbers come in the mail which should be tomorrow.

i dont know about the ic7 but im sure they wont be mounted on the board at the same spot.

do you mean that you don't have to sodder...you can use the grabbers like the old voltage mods?

did you use grabbers?

anyway, I hope us IC7 users can do something easy like this...
using grabbers that is.

also, I think hipro5 listed pics in one of my posts about the 275fsb wall and IC7...I'll look now.

one more thing AZN........:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

real nice man.

mica

edit: pics of IC7 vdimm mod

OP
AZN

AZN

AznSniper
how about my pc3200, this is with 3.09v and still cool to the touch :) u cant beat this for $45 256mb sticks.

309.jpg

OP
AZN

AZN

AznSniper
thx guyz. my temps at load at 44c while folding. this is what i use for everyday use. 295fsb is just for benching.
my 92mm cpu fan has not speed senor so thats y its not reading.

temp.jpg

krag

Classifieds Moderator
MAN! I am so jealous! Dang it! I want some smokin' mem oc action!!!:( :)

Here, here give it up to AZN bro!:clap: :clap: :clap:

krag

Classifieds Moderator
Thanks for the links Mica and Batty...but it looks like micro surgery...and way out of my league.:( Oh well maybe we will see a ressurection of Mr. Natural and his madskillz. Sos the rest of us can get some action.