• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800 Deluxe how do I SATA from IDE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leathersmt

I tried to SATA, when I first set up this board, it would not boot in to the stata drive, so I switched the cables and went with the IDE Primary. Now I have my hardrive and machine set up with the IDE primary. Is there any way to set it up with the SATA now that I have it with the primary IDE and will I gain any performance in doing this change if it is possible, thank you for all posts.

p.s., I have two 10,000 rpm 10gig drives sitting here with a 26910 SCSI card too..... is it worth it to put these in??

fritzman

You have to sey it up right in the bios. Check the last dozen or so pages in the Motherboard manual... it's all there.

fritzman

While you're there.... disable the onboard promise controller if you are not using it (the ide slot mounted sideways on the m/bd)

It's on p4-20.

I've set my two SATA drives up in RAID0 on SATA plugs 1 & 2 and have two IDE drives on IDE 1 & 2.

I am wondering about moving one of the IDE drives to the Promise (3rd) IDE plug, so I can shuffle my other drives around. At the moment I am having to run an add-on PCI card to connect my zip-drive, but I guess it would work if I set the Promise to IDE in the bios, just haven't had time to play.

Back to your setup... did you get it sorted??