• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800-e vcore Styability mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

musk

P4C800-e vcore Stability mod

Well here it goes.

This mod helps the vcore drop under load on the P4C800-e. It also got me over 300mhz bus!!

What I present here was pieced togethor from various posts at other boards.

What you need;
28k resistor - I used 30k 1/2W
wire wrap wire
Soldering iron
good skills, big nutz, or a fat wallet

Basically all you need to do is solder the resitor to the tiny cap in the picture.

Once I had the wires soldered I glued them to the chip with a hot glue gun. I then glued the rest to the back of the Lan port to keep it out of the way.

Hope this helps

DroopMod.JPG

Last edited:

Freezermug

Your link is broken. I did a similar mode but a little less complicated. All I did was install and abit IC7 ;)

Thwei

oOOo i'll have fun putting a hot soldering iron to my $180 motherboard! :D

Definately need to carry your balls in a wheelbarrel if you can do this. :excuse me excuse me:

rogue3092

Good post. I think I'll have to try this, because undervolting to 1.55 from 1.675 @ load is just unnaceptable. How much did this improve your vcore stability?

OP
musk

musk

Rogue

This mod works awesome. Like I said, I used a 30k but I show 1.712v idle and 1.696 under load.

Way better than 1.712 and 1.580 or something like that.

It is a must if you want to go big on this board.

I am not a very skilled solderer but I practiced on an old video card for a couple hours to get ready.

musk

JKeefe

Good lord that's tiny....

Can someone explain why this helps prevent the load Vcore from sagging? I don't understand what's going on electrically.