• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800 Volt Mod for Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Maj Slaughter said:
Hey AZN glad you got it done ! :) what voltage are you at now ??

Yea the IC7 Vmem mod i a tricky one, the resistor you have to remove is about the size of a pin head. need a good magnifing lamp and a steady hand for that one. But IMO its worth it in the end.
i upped it to 3.09v so this is what i got to show for that. btw the ic7 mod looks harder

309.jpg

major slaughter knows how to do it. but the harder step would be removing a cap which i wouldnt want to do myself on a nice new board. even though i solderd on this board its still very easy to remove the solder. i think major might have a simpler way to do the mod so i would keep an eye out if u really wanted to do it.

This volt mod is nice. Thanks macci, Maj Slaughter, & AZN. I'm able to run my Corsair PC3500 @ DDR475 @ 2 2 2 5. I flashed to the new beta BIOS and I'm running Turbo enabled. Here's some screenies.
P4C8004.JPG

This is a 9500 Non Pro.
3dm1.jpg

Big Nuttz said:
Here is my pcmark @ 295fsb.
pcm2.jpg
jeez bignuttz, u took the lime light off me in 1 day ;) i was feeling good till u posted your scores.

Nice to see that the mod helped there :)

P4C800 seems to be the fastest P4 mobo out there right now:
pcmark_12k_orb.gif

macci said:
Nice to see that the mod helped there :)

P4C800 seems to be the fastest P4 mobo out there right now:
pcmark_12k_orb.gif
Thanks macci you da man.:D I'm trying the mod on my P4P800 today. Do you know if its the same.

Asus p4c800 & p4 3.0

Hi everyone. While I am not new to computers, I am new to building your own and overclocking. I see that some of you here have hardware about the same as mine and I see the stats you post and wonder what it is that I am doing wrong/or not doing because I can't get mine even close to what you are getting.

I have an Asus P4C800 with a P4 3.0 and 1 gig of Corsair CMX512 3200LL DDR Sdram that I just put together as my first project in doing it yourself. I am using air cooling at this time, but am willing to invest in a water system if needed to obtain the results I would like to have. I have 3 80mm intake fans (1 blowing on the cpu and heat sink at the back, and 2 on the side, 1 blowing on the graphics card and 1 blowing on a hard drive. I have a 4 inch blow hole on the top with a 120mm blowing exhaust.) I have a tt 7+ copper heatsink and fan on the processor. The idle temps run at 32-33C and the loaded temps hold at 46-49C.

The best I have been able to get this system up to is 3.42 Ghz and still be stable. In other words it passes the Prime95 torture test and the Sandra burn in test. The settings I changed to get here were the cpu freq changed to 228 and vcore to 1.60 and I set the memory to 2.5-2-2-5-4. This shows a Cpuz reading of 3.419, a FSB of 228, and 912 bus. Trying for anything more causes it to fail both Prime95 and Sandra even raising the vcore to 1.725v didn't help, only raising the temp to 53C loaded.

I would love to get this system up to at least 3.5 or 3.6 and be stable. Could one of you, or all of you, slap me up side the head and tell me what it is I need to do to do this. Thanks so much for any help you can give.

jm

Re: Asus p4c800 & p4 3.0

James McGee said:
Hi everyone. While I am not new to computers, I am new to building your own and overclocking. I see that some of you here have hardware about the same as mine and I see the stats you post and wonder what it is that I am doing wrong/or not doing because I can't get mine even close to what you are getting.

I have an Asus P4C800 with a P4 3.0 and 1 gig of Corsair CMX512 3200LL DDR Sdram that I just put together as my first project in doing it yourself. I am using air cooling at this time, but am willing to invest in a water system if needed to obtain the results I would like to have. I have 3 80mm intake fans (1 blowing on the cpu and heat sink at the back, and 2 on the side, 1 blowing on the graphics card and 1 blowing on a hard drive. I have a 4 inch blow hole on the top with a 120mm blowing exhaust.) I have a tt 7+ copper heatsink and fan on the processor. The idle temps run at 32-33C and the loaded temps hold at 46-49C.

The best I have been able to get this system up to is 3.42 Ghz and still be stable. In other words it passes the Prime95 torture test and the Sandra burn in test. The settings I changed to get here were the cpu freq changed to 228 and vcore to 1.60 and I set the memory to 2.5-2-2-5-4. This shows a Cpuz reading of 3.419, a FSB of 228, and 912 bus. Trying for anything more causes it to fail both Prime95 and Sandra even raising the vcore to 1.725v didn't help, only raising the temp to 53C loaded.

I would love to get this system up to at least 3.5 or 3.6 and be stable. Could one of you, or all of you, slap me up side the head and tell me what it is I need to do to do this. Thanks so much for any help you can give.

jm
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS
Do you have your RAM set to 400 in the BIOS? Thats probably your problem because that would be DDR456. What voltage is the RAM set at? That RAM probably needs more voltage to go any higher. The volt mod is very easy if you use smd grabbers.

Thank you for the reply, very helpful

Do you have your RAM set to 400 in the BIOS? Thats probably your problem because that would be DDR456. What voltage is the RAM set at? That RAM probably needs more voltage to go any higher. The volt mod is very easy if you use smd grabbers.

Thank you for the reply BigNuttz, it was quite helpful and got me pointed in a better direction. I wish I could say it solved the problem, but it did improve it some... I was not able to get the ram set to 400. Everytime I set it to 400 it will not boot up. I did set it to the 320 mark though and it booted up just fine and puts me right at 3.45 Ghz. It runs quite well and I was able to play a round of BF1942 Omaha Beach. You will be glad to hear that we took the beach and kicked their butts...(G)

At those settings I was able to run Prime95 for over 30 repeats with no errors. Temps went up of course to 52-53, and even kicked over to 54 once, but dropped back to 53 within 5 seconds. Sandra, sadly, still locks up on the second round right at the start of the math test.

I am a bit reluctant to do any yanking and soldering on a brand new mother board at the moment, so what do you think, have I reached the limit under these conditions?

jm

Back