• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 Deluxe for $157(inluding shipping)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mcortz_2000

Howdy all,

I saw this up at Pricewatch. It seems the Asus P4P800 DEluxe is priced well..... and in stock......
Just thought I would let you know.....:D :D :D

OP
mcortz_2000

mcortz_2000

The reason I am posting this here is I want opinions and discussions on this board as appossed to getting an 875 board.
This particular 865pe board seems to be performing fantastically...

Your thoughts............

schuey74

Registered
Yup, the initial reviews are extremely impressive. They even use the ICH5/R so you get the onboard raid as opposed to their 875 board! I just don't get why Asus's board performs so much better than anyone else's. I'm glad I held off on my 875 purchase. Now I am going to give it a few weeks to see how some more reviews turn out and if some kind of explanation is given for huge performance difference between Asus and the others.

gouda96

go with the p4p800

Every reiview i have seen puts the p4p800 in a league of its own.

It is the best mobo in every aspect available right now!

i would recommend the p4p800 in a heart beat to anyone and everyone... infact i am ordering one myself!!:)

Bobby

Dan87951 said:
Computergate.com has the P4P800 for $144.95

Is that for the deluxe or regular P4P800?

Newegg and Googlegear has the P4P800 for $127 shipped and the deluxe for $147 shipped.

-Bobby

edit: it's $127.99 and $148.99 respectively (both free shipping)

Last edited:

JoJoMoJo

just picked up one today and also a p4 2.8c chip cant wait to put it together tonight.

Vincey2kr1

Registered
I'm getting my p4p800 soon, going from an abit bd7II raid. I currently have my 2.6C processor running in my BD7II 216mhz:D Abits been good to me, but I need the on board IDE Raid, plus the memory, cpu vcore, and agp have higher voltages then the ic7.

JoJoMoJo

same samsung ram i ran in my amd board ive ran all night at 240fsb so far..............and this is with the stock oem heatsink as i have not got the adapter for my waterblock.

Bobby

P4C800 is the 875i chipset. It has PAT and ECC.

P4P800 is the 865i chipset. It doesn't have PAT or ECC but it has Asus' version of PAT (MAM, Memory Acceleration Mode) which gives it the speed boost it needs to compete with all the other 875i boards out there. It only runs in 1:1 mem config and it can be turned off thru the bios, unlike PAT on the 875i.

-Bobby

JoJoMoJo

rgr scrwed up when i posted i purchased the p4c800 board not the p4p800 board. Which one is better clock wise or are they really about the same?

Bobby

That's a good question.

I've read that the P4P800 is better but some of the highest o/c'ing was done on a P4C800. I guess it all depends on the proc and memory you use.

I got my mobo for $128 shipped so I can't complain if it's a few mhz slower than a P4C800 but it doesn't seem like it will be. It should be here sometime next week along with all the other goodies.

-Bobby

Vincey2kr1

Registered
I thought it had all the same ratios as the P4CP800 the 1:1 and 5:4? It has to have the 5:4 ratio or no one would be able to get over 220mhz overclocked on this board

Bobby

It does.

I was talking more about the variances of processors and memory that were used in the reviews. All the reviews and benchmarks I've seen were so close that no one would notice the difference. I'll take a mobo that's cheaper for that slim of a margin.

-Bobby