• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 Voltage Fluctuations Fixed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Besides the voltage fluctuations fix, what else is new in this BIOS?

I can't seem to find anything on BIOS 1014 on Asus' website. :D

1) There is an updated bootblock with this release. Which means you must use DOS and then use the AFUDOS.EXE/iP4P81014.AMI/pbnc command, which forces the updated bootblock.

2) VIA Raid BIOS is updated to version 2.11.

3) MCH update.

To show my ignorance, what is a boot lock?

Is this a beta bios?
I don't see it at Asus.com download page.

It would be nice if the vcore stabilized, would help on the oc, I would think. Even on my Antec 400 watt power supply, my vcore will fluctuate (sp) from 1.65 to 1.55 under the Prime95 torture test.

Just installed the new bios.

First observations are:
Shows on bootup that I have dual channel ram even with Turbo on.
Boots WAY faster!

Gotta try this new bios tomorrow then. Getting a new floppy drive
as my old one died the other day. Would be nice if this fixes the vcore issues AND increases memory bandwidth.

I was wrong.

Just did the update and Asus update works fine. Just download and save the zip file. Extract it and the flash via Asus update(must have newest version).

Warning: This will reset your bios so write down your settings.

Last edited:
I JUST flashed and so far it seems ok. I just read on Asus's site that AsusUpdate works so I tried it and it did just fine. My vcore does seem more stable so far. Thanks for the info Grandpa Dan

If you use the enclosed flash, it keeps your bios settings.

Did notice one bad thing though.
My system was unstable at 3.5ghz, but now it takes more voltage just to boot at that now.
Its still stable though as it was before at 3.43ghz.

Propilot said:
If you use the enclosed flash, it keeps your bios settings.

Did notice one bad thing though.
My system was unstable at 3.5ghz, but now it takes more voltage just to boot at that now.
Its still stable though as it was before at 3.43ghz.

It reset several of mine. Including some of the Hard Drive settings.

Can i flash the BIOS using the Alt + F2 method when the board POST?

Will it update the boot-block? Or updating boot-block must be done through DOS and the switches?

As stated in my correction:
See my post above.;)
1) There is an updated bootblock with this release. Which means you must use DOS and then use the AFUDOS.EXE/iP4P81014.AMI/pbnc command, which forces the updated bootblock.

Last edited:
TWY said:
Can i flash the BIOS using the Alt + F2 method when the board POST?

Will it update the boot-block? Or updating boot-block must be done through DOS and the switches?

You MUST use the flash utility in the bios zip file if you want to have the updated boot.

like 10 something was the last number it was the same logo only it was blue isntead of black

Last edited:
Back