• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4PE over volting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Qantas

Has anyone else noticed the P4PE over volting?

It seems that the vcore is about 1 volt higher than what I set it at. I had it set at 1.60 and it was posting at 1.72, 1.69, etc.

Has anyone else had this problem on the P4PE?

do the p4pe's fair good as far as overclocking goes. I read one review that stated they couldn't get it to run stable past a 140 fsb without the mem ratio set to 1:1. Would you recommend this board over the p4b533 ?

jarett said:
do the p4pe's fair good as far as overclocking goes. I read one review that stated they couldn't get it to run stable past a 140 fsb without the mem ratio set to 1:1. Would you recommend this board over the p4b533 ?

That is not true, mine ran @ 160 with default vcore, sweet and stable .. When you OC, you can barely tell what's limiting you, I have no clue what they blamed the board!! .. or it could be "that paticular" board they picked.. The only reason I would recommend this board, if you're looking for giga lan + digital sound onboard and saving some bucks :)

I have mine giving me UNDER voltagfes, not much, for instance, usually my 12 is at 11.890, or the 3.3 registers at 3.18 etc, now everything is up at where it is supposed to be, except the 5 volt measure and it is reading 4.945, so I guess it sin't bad. What I have noticed with these ASUS borads, is that they ALL do that, some are right, and some are not , I beleive it has something to do with the quality of the work that goes into them all and they tell the rtechies, to just blame it on other things. I think that is bs...... , my system is as follows,

P4PE 2.53 malay
1024mb of 2100 samsung (two 512's)
Radeon 9700 128mb <kicks
Audigy 2 Platinum w/5.1 inspire, <kicks
60gig Maxtor 7200rpm
100gig IBM 7200rpm

Qantas said:
Has anyone else noticed the P4PE over volting?

It seems that the vcore is about 1 volt higher than what I set it at. I had it set at 1.60 and it was posting at 1.72, 1.69, etc.

Has anyone else had this problem on the P4PE?

Sorry to split hairs, but that is overvolting by .1V, not 1V. I've seen Pacino state 1V overvolting before and it is confusing to say the least. 1V over would be 2.6V, and the P4PE is obviously closer than this.

Back